The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Old Dog Slipping About

firesprite

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi, my dear old pointer is fading and although as happy as larry he is starting to lose co ordination and falls over a lot. Not helped by us having lots of lino! We have put down rugs to ease it all, but i wondered if there are non slip rubber dog boots out there somewhere or something similar...even paw wax? I know showers use it for Crufts green carpet, but im nt sure about general grippyness? Im sure he will merrily eat any boots i get him in a happy senile old way, but someone out there may have a solution....?? (apart from the pts option which isnt on the cards yet although we are monitoring his quality of life all the time.).

Cheers

they sell paw wax at pets at home it is supposed to work onlaminate floors

you could try surf wax? its very grippy! not sure how easy it is to get on the feet

scotty

I've used Shaw's paw wax and it does give their feet some grip, it's good for stopping the pads drying up and cracking too. I usually apply it when they've settled down for a nap as they like the massage and they're too dosey to be bothered licking it off.

I'd also try and keep his nails as short as possible so his pads have maximum contact with the floor. The other thing is if he gets nervy when he slips he'd be more inclined to try and grip the floor with his nails thus making him slip more.

Hope this helps :luck:

hi thanks for replies. Will investigate paw wax and some pm`d ideas. His nails are trimmed so cant shave any more there.... its more of a co ordination movement issue, but, paw wax might just give him a bit of grip.....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back