Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Older Male Whippets Looking For A Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello Everyone

I am new to this site. I have a female 12mth cavalier. We live in a unit with a courtyard and doogy door.

We have been looking for a older male whippet for company to our dog.

We live in Victoria, Australia, Melbourne.

We have been calling the pounds and searching the trading post but nothing.

We prefer to give a old dog a home.

We dont know how whippets are with cavaliers.

Our cavalier is very laid back and likes to play and sleeps alot.

We like Whippets.

If anyone knows of anyone giving or selling a older male whippet in Victoria, Melbourne, Australia.

Please let me know.

thank you

bianca

hi and welcome to the forum!!!! :huggles:

try pming seraphina, aslan or parnew as im sure they are from aus and could possibly point you in the right direction , good luck :luck: :luck:

Hi and welcome, I live in Melb too. Try dogs online they have a large rescue section of both urgent and non urgent rescues. Whippet do come up.

I hope the link works

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showforum=13

If/when you get one let me know, myself & some friends have recently started a whippet racing club. :cheers:

Linda

I can't be much help in finding you a whippet as I live on the other side of the world to you (w00t) :lol: , however I just wanted to say that I have and show, both whippets & cavaliers and they all get on wonderfully, they can usually be found curled up sleeping together!! Both breeds are just so lovable :wub: . All the best in your search for a whippet companion :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of one of my cavaliers, Louie....otherwise known as Louiejoe( hence my screen name!!!)

Louie_trophys2_Cropped.jpg

How serious are you about wanting an older whippet Dogs? I've been looking around for you but until you get back on here to let us know whether you've followed up on any so far then I wont be doing any more.

Linda

[

Hi Linda

WSe werelooking for a older whippet. But now we have decided to buy a older female cavalier ex show dog. From a breeder we know.

Thought a whippet might be too big in a unit and around our dog.

Thanks anyway

bianca

quote=louiejoe,Feb 23 2008, 03:39 AM]

I can't be much help in finding you a whippet as I live on the other side of the world to you (w00t) :lol: , however I just wanted to say that I have and show, both whippets & cavaliers and they all get on wonderfully, they can usually be found curled up sleeping together!! Both breeds are just so lovable :wub: . All the best in your search for a whippet companion :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of one of my cavaliers, Louie....otherwise known as Louiejoe( hence my screen name!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back