The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

One For The Pot

sparky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi all, as i type these words i can smell this bird roasting in the oven, archies first of many i hope. :cheers:

Enjoy your tea :D .........Reg caught a bird two months ago, but I never cooked it as I didn't think a Swift would stretch very far :b

Well done Archie :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed your tea?

Strike Whippets said:
Enjoy your tea  :D   .........Reg caught a bird two months ago, but I never cooked it as I didn't think a Swift would stretch very far  :b
Poppy caught a goldfinch,but she ate it anyway :oops:

Not much meat on that bird I suspect. Looks like a young of this year. Get lots of them in my garden but manage to keep the dogs from them as they are not a sporting target.

midlanderkeith said:
sparky said:
hi all, as i type these words i can smell this bird roasting in the oven, archies first of many i hope. :cheers:
Was it good then sparky, summat ive never had is pheasant

keith :thumbsup:

i'll sort you out with a few brace keith, when there in season :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
ayup here we go,scathing and snide remarks :thumbsup: dont forget i dont live in the fatlands of norfolk and suffolk and all the game birds my way are wild and not reared and also far less in numbers, also sport doesnt come into it when pot hunting as you well know, although the four hares i chased yesterday were given a sporting chance :- " im afraid i couldnt wait till the glorious 12th or whatever it is, 'keith' it filled my pot and was absolutely delicious. :thumbsup:

sparky said:
ayup here we go,scathing and snide remarks :thumbsup:   dont forget i dont live in the fatlands of norfolk and suffolk and all the game birds my way are wild and not reared and also far less in numbers, also sport doesnt come into it when pot hunting as you well know, although the four hares i chased yesterday were given a sporting chance  :- "  im afraid i couldnt wait till the glorious 12th or whatever it is, 'keith' it filled my pot and was absolutely delicious.  :thumbsup:
Hi sparky glad you enjoyed, i dont think there was any malice intended in the other posters replies nice looking dogs you have there, enjoy

midlanderkeith said:
sparky said:
ayup here we go,scathing and snide remarks :thumbsup:   dont forget i dont live in the fatlands of norfolk and suffolk and all the game birds my way are wild and not reared and also far less in numbers, also sport doesnt come into it when pot hunting as you well know, although the four hares i chased yesterday were given a sporting chance  :- "  im afraid i couldnt wait till the glorious 12th or whatever it is, 'keith' it filled my pot and was absolutely delicious.  :thumbsup:
Hi sparky glad you enjoyed, i dont think there was any malice intended in the other posters replies nice looking dogs you have there, enjoy

Hi Everyone. No . There was no malice intended by me. Sparky and me know each other, and Sparky is a good sort :) . I must say that I did have a slight issue with pheasants. A couple of weeks ago one of the dogs badly injured a cock pheasant i n the garden. We took it to the vet but it had to be put to sleep. I felt badly about it as we feed and encourage the pheasants and other wildlife. Squirrels ,muntjac and foxes. Anyway, it was only a couple of days previously that I had said to Diane that the dogs were in the process of perfecting their ambush techniques and sooner or later they would score. Low and behold, it happened. I still feel badly about it as you try and create a safe haven and then you let everyone down. It won't happen again as the feeding area is now fenced off.

Always pleased to read of Sparky and Archie's exploits. Keep 'em coming Tony.

That well known conservationist

LAMPINGMAN (w00t) :cheers:

no disrespect, but i was taught from a boy that it was bad form for a dog to take feather one of the quickest ways to lose permission each to his own

masta said:
no disrespect, but i was taught from a boy that it was bad form for a dog to take feather one of the quickest ways to lose permission each to his own
Here in Sunny Norfolk,there are only Canarys flying high(football),nice to see a nice rare end up in the air . All the best Sparky ,and you Lampy

my italian greyhound bitches caught and killed several sparrows :(

does than count as sport or not? :wacko: :lol:

glad you enjoyed it corky. hows that stud pup of yours shaping up. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back