The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Oral Flea Control

Suerose

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Frontline doesn't seem to work for Grace, maybe it just runs off her short straight hair instead of penetrating the skin :unsure: . Has anyone tried oral flea treatments? Are they effective and safe? Do they have any side-effects?

I don't like the idea of oral flea treatment, garlic tablets help keep them flea free! Or any herbal treatment, I don't like putting chemicals on my dogs.

I have used oral flea tablets on the spaniel when he was a little pup, they are a complete waste, they did kill of the fleas (he wasn't flea ridden, but I had noticed one or two and he was too young for frontline) but it does nothing to prevent them from returning.

if it wasn't for their unattractive nature I'd use flea collars, worked well for my old dog. we stick with frontline and it does the job of keeping fleas off.

I use CSJ's Billy No Mates and mine are always passenger free ... it's safe, effective, and herbal.
Annie
Thanks Annie, I'll give it a try. Much prefer to use something natural and gentle if possible. How quickly does it work?
CSJ say allow up to 6 weeks for full effect, so if Gracie has fleas now you'll maybe need something else to kill off the current batch, e.g. diatomaceous earth, but then she should stay free of fleas, mites and ticks on the Billy no Mates, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Annie

I find that "Johnson's 4Fleas" tablets are an absolute Godsend in the grooming parlour. We groomed a standard poodle a couple of years ago which was absolutely live with fleas.This of course put me into a major panic, and I had visions of weeks of battling an infestation in the shop.

The Poodle was given the above tablet, and within 20 minutes, the table was covered with flea corpses, literally hundreds!!!

I also use Frontline spray, and if the dog is allowed to dry naturally, this is an effective product.

I sell the Flea tablets with the warning that they have very little residual effect. They are very safe in my opinion. :)

P.S. There was no infestation in the shop after the Poodle....thank God.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back