The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Organic or Home made dental sticks??

jeandecker76

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello guys!

I have a lot of dogs at home and I want to ask if you guys use or make your own dental sticks for your dogs. If so, can you recommend me some? :)

Thank you!

I use natural ones - body parts like paddywack or dried tripe. Pizzle is good but doesn't suit my dog. Dry fish skins are our favourite, he can chew on one of those for a good 15 to 20 minutes.

The commercial ones marketed as dental sticks are often next to useless. A tasty snack but no teeth cleaning merits at all.

I use natural ones - body parts like paddywack or dried tripe. Pizzle is good but doesn't suit my dog. Dry fish skins are our favourite, he can chew on one of those for a good 15 to 20 minutes.

The commercial ones marketed as dental sticks are often next to useless. A tasty snack but no teeth cleaning merits at all.

Yeah, I don't want to give them commercial ones cause they don't really do the job. :(

Dental sticks from shops are so rubbish , I know a dog that gets them every day and the teeth are not showing any signs of clearing.

Have you tried any rib bones. Both pork and lamb ribs are quiet edible, they can last a lot longer than chicken bones. (beef are very hard). The rib bones are quiet long and can not be swallowed too quickly, the ends can get quiet fibrous and excellent for teeth cleaning.
Your chicken bones of all sorts are excellent but can be eaten quiet quickly.
Please remember that there is a lot of good nutritional value in bones of all types, these should be considered as part of a days food intake.

Mine has chicken wings a couple of times a week and she gets fish 4 dogs squares as a treat a couple of times a day. at 10 her teeth are fine.

Mine has chicken wings a couple of times a week and she gets fish 4 dogs squares as a treat a couple of times a day. at 10 her teeth are fine.
Yep....mine gets chicken wings too..though that is almost a daily thing as mine are very partial to them. Dry fish...nope, that doesn't even get sniffed at. They had some when each one were pups but as soon as they grew up, apparently it wasn't edible stuff anymore :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back