The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Our Hedgehog.

excuseme

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I can't remember which thread this discussion was in:oops:

Our Hedgehog is definitely a BOY.

I cleaned him out yesterday and threw away his winter nest, (i'm such a wicked person).
He is now in a larger run with a bigger bedroom, how he ever got in and out of his previous bedroom box, and the small doorway that he had I will never know, he absolutely filled the box and must have had trouble turning round in it too:rolleyes:.
He was only a baby at the beginning of the winter when the dogs said he was in the garden (obviously a very late litter) and would never have survived without all of the extra feeding. He loves his raw meats, chicken, turkey and venison seem to be his favourite with a little sprinkle of dried meal worms and insects. (he will not eat tinned meat or dry food)

He was quiet brave while being handled as he has not been handled very much during the winter (just kept clean and fed), he did not tuck himself up very tightly and relaxed quiet quickly when put onto a solid surface.
We will have to turn him loose at some point, but not at the moment as it is a bit too soon.
He does not have a name!

Even with all of this nice weather, the hedgehog has not woken up properly yet. I have to keep his food and water fresh just in case he wakes up and needs a little feed but there are only sings of him having a little taster about once a week. I suppose the nights are still quiet cold when he would come out for food. He is not a daytime creature.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back