The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Our New Puppy

debbiem

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thought I'd post some pictures of our new puppy, Lottie, (Roedeane Bird on a Wire) who we picked up last week. I hope it works. She has settled in really well, sleeping right through the night after the first couple, and tearing round the garden like a mad thing when awake. Introducing her to our hens has not really gone to plan. She just wants to chase them, so I think they will stay in their bit of garden for now. Any tips for stopping her biting and jumping up so much? She has lots of chewy toys which she loves but when having one of her 'mad 10 minutes' will try to bite hands etc which is not much fun.

Resized_DSC_0606lottie3.jpg

What a lovely picture, she looks like an angel! o:) :wub: :lol:

Don't seem to be able to post more than one picture at a time!

Resized_DSCN2619lottie3.jpg

Hi Debbiem

Lottie is so :wub:

How old is she? we had a new puppy Toby last week he is 9 weeks.

He has a mad ten minutes which also invives bitting fingers and noses (on my son Ben) he gets told a very firm NO

We are lucky as we have 7 other whippets and a greyhound all are happy to play with him although one is his dad Bandit and he puts Toby in his place.This I allow as long as they don't go to far with him I then stop it as telling him of is one thing but hurting him is not exceptable

This is Toby with my son Ben

2005_0806Image1006.JPG

Lottie is soooo pretty. :wub: :wub: :wub: Love the last photo. :huggles: :huggles:

aww she looks so sleepy in the 5th piccy, :wub:

Lovely Lottie, what a pretty girl she is. :wub: :wub: They have such energy - you can't imagine them ever settling down.

She really is lovely, I hope you have many happy years with her (and probably another to keep her company in time!!!) :oops:

Welcome to K9.

jools said:
Lovely Lottie, what a pretty girl she is. :wub:   :wub:   They have such energy - you can't imagine them ever settling down.She really is lovely, I hope you have many happy years with her (and probably another to keep her company in time!!!) :oops:

Welcome to K9.

I forgot to say - when she bites you, yelp loudly (and I mean loudly) It's the way her brothers and sisters will have told her that she is going too far. You must do it straight away and every time - she will soon get the message. :luck:

:wub: How gorgeous?! A good tip we had when Eli was tiny was to give a loud yelp when puppy bites, simulating the way their litter mates would tell each other they'd gone too far. It seemed to work! Good luck & have fun with your baby :)

Lottie is just :wub: have fun but remember you also need to be firm when she does something wrong, a stern voice works wonders.

she's :wub:

lovely little poser! caught a little quiet moment :- " :wub:

:wub: :wub: Lottie is so sweet and looks very angelic, from what everyone else has said and my own experience, she's behaving normally and the advice given seemed to work for us :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back