The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Out With Storm This Morning

world.hunters

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
up early this morning to take pup out for a walk. Rew met me down there any we walked around looking for a pigeon to shoot but didnt see a thing, moved on and i spotted a rabbit at the bottem of a quarry area, i silently crept forward placing my folded gun bag on the ground to rest my rifle on, the rabbit did not have the faintest idea, i watched for a few second as he spread out soaking in the sun before i took aim. i hit him perfectly behind the eye, the pup was sent down and he picked it up, it was still kicking and this was the biggest thing he has had in his jaws till now but he did well and managed it up the steep bank to bring it back to hand. i was very pleased with him.

on the way back we had an opportunity on a squirrel, we decided i will have a shot and let rew have it for his ferret, i took shot but it was not a clean kill and it took refuge inside a hollow branch, as i dont like leaving injured game even if it is a tree rat, we had a go at trying to perswade it to leave branch, we was there for a short while before rew got it to bolt with the use of a stick, then i shot it dead.

it was a good morning out and i always enjoy the morning off work and taking the dog out. hopefully as the pups progress we can look forward to exciting times ahead out in the fields.

heres a few photos from the day and a couple from another day when i took storm down to the lake.

cheers

W.H

44.jpg

43.jpg

42.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

41.jpg

47.jpg

As usual, the most beautiful photos... Well done Storm :thumbsup:

Tracey X

Love the photos W H :thumbsup:

Good hunting, Jayne

Nice pics, that really is a gorgeous dog uve got there

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back