The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pain Relief For Dogs

marieb811

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi guys im pretty new to this site but could do with some friendly advice which i found google cant answer. does anyone know of any form of heat relief cream, i.e. a dogs version of deep heat?

my 6 yo lab is arthritic and it is obviously aggravated by our current cold snap. she has metacam each day but after one of the 'eureaka' moments, and applying to myself if anyone is aware of a muscle heat rub suitable for dogs? i did see something calleed 'mason dog rub' on ebay but its description is very sketchy, and therefore im not sure of its usage.

any advice or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

I would be worried about them licking it off I guess?

Have you asked your vet?

I found this:

http://www.dogoil.co.uk/

Welcome to Dog Forum btw - I am Anna!

I am looking forward to meeting you properly!

Yes, the issue here is that they can ingest the ingredients with licking it off, so I wouldn't suggest that you use any of the human ones without consulting your vet.

I'd also not suggest using ibuprofen gel or similar, since ibuprofen and diclofenac (which are the NSAIDs in most of the topical gels/sprays) are really not safe for dogs anyway.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back