The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pawing

Clive.chris

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone, I have a 10 week male dachshund that sometimes paws at me with both front paws. Does anyone know why he is doing this.

Probably to get your attention for some reason - figuring out what that reason is could be a bit more of a challenge though!

I am giving him attention at the time. So I will just have to try and figure it out,
Thank you for your reply.

They do this to mum when they want feeding . .hungry or thirsty maybe...pics please ..😃

I think it can be a self-soothing behaviour, like a child sucking their thumb. It could indicate a level of insecurity, or suggest that the pup was taken from their mum too early, or just be your particular dog's habits.

I have a soft spot for dashsunds and second Tinytom's request for photos (only if you have the time, of course) :)

I think it can be a self-soothing behaviour, like a child sucking their thumb. It could indicate a level of insecurity, or suggest that the pup was taken from their mum too early, or just be your particular dog's habits.

I have a soft spot for dashsunds and second Tinytom's request for photos (only if you have the time, of course) :)
He was 8 weeks when we got him, he is now 10 weeks.

Trying to upload pictures but it's saying the file is to large to upload, not sure what to do.
I found the easiest way was to tale a screenshot, and upload that - it's a smaller file.

This is Charlie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625_213518_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625_213518_One UI Home.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 6
I have a Bichon and she loves a head massage. She paws at me when I stop until I carry on. She also does it when she wants food or the toilet. If you have a clear daily routine it’s easy to figure out which one it is.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back