The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pee post Any good

Chadders

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi I've seen for sale in various pet shops. Something called a Pee Post it's a plastic Peg/post which is put into the ground. It claims to emit a scent to encourage male dogs to cock their leg up it rather than anywhere else in the garden.
Has anyone used on of these? Are they any good and likely to work?
Thanks

I thought you were joking until I googled it.
Never heard of it before.. We just use the command do business when and where we want them to go.

Just wondering if i'll be good for when we get a puppy to train them to use it rather than anywhere else in the garden.

I suppose I can see advantages with training( if it works) but I can see huge disadvantages because if the dog gets too fixated on the post will you be able to get him/her to pee elsewhere?

If you are planning to walk your dog I would expect that you would want to train him to go on an appropriate grass area. The post might make that more difficult.

I've never tried one, though the reviews on Amazon are pretty bad. Just one thing I wonder, though - what is the smell telling the dog? Is it saying 'Some other dog has peed here so you'd better mark it as your territory'? If so, it's possible that it could introduce a little stress. My dog rarely cocks his leg in the garden, but pees like a stallion, on all fours - or with one foot lifted about 2" from the ground. He lifts his leg on walks so I'm wondering if in his own garden, he feels more secure about his territory.

I might be way off the mark on this, but it's something to consider. I think it would be safer just to reward your dog for going in a certain place - it might help if you moved some soil from where he has weed before to that place.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back