The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Photo's Wanted Of Odd Puppy Growth Stages....

alfyn

Ban puppy farmers
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Have any of you got photo's of your beautiful show whippets when they were puppie's going through their awful growth stages?

You know what i mean,the sort of photo's that make you cringe when you look back at them & think will he/she ever make the grade :blink:

Let's have some before & after pics please :thumbsup:

would you take pics of your pride and joy when they look like something the cat dragged in (and out again!) (w00t) no not me!i only take them out after dark when noone can see them!(and i wear dark glasses and a wig just in case im recognised!) :- " :oops:

i've got loads of pics of my puppies looking as they do at the moment (w00t)

What i'm saying is,would you put on a photo of your ADULT show dog,but also a pic of how they looked when they were going through the "gangly puppy stages"

It give's us novices an idea of how a promising young puppy can turn into an"ugly duckling" & then transform into a "beautiful swan"....or even a whippet,as the case might be!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Poppy at 4 1/2 months looking all gangly

d77f22fa.jpg

& here she is now at 2 1/2 years

b22e029e.jpg

That's a lovely one of Poppy now (but i'd be a bit worried about that growth in the middle of her back if i were you (w00t) )

Sorry Deb, Polly looked fantastic all the time and I could post loads of photos to prove it :- "

I don't have a puppy picture to prove it but the transformation that stands out most in my mind is Marchpast Fine Muslin.

I saw him at 6mths old in England win a class at SYWC. He was a big long tube! His body was like a piece of polypipe! Flat on the topline, flat underneath. I didn't like him then. About three years later, someone posted a pic of him on here and I could not believe it was the same dog. He was gorgeous!

I will see if I can dig that pic up.....

Here 'tis

Last edited by a moderator:
aslan said:
I saw him at 6mths old in England win a class at SYWC.  He was a big long tube!  His body was like a piece of polypipe!  Flat on the topline, flat underneath.   
It's hard to believe this stunning dog could once have looked like you've described him!!!

I know!! When I saw this picture of him I wanted to buy him - but someone in America had beaten me to it. Have heard nothing of him since then, except that he may not get shown much in America because of their penchant for particolours and dark eyes. I would like to know what has become of him.

Wow! He's come a long way from the fat little thing that he was at 4 weeks :wub:

Bertha, she went through more gawky stages I think! First pic 4 weeks

bertha4wks.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back