The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Please Help Me Rehome My Puppy

Rachie241

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have a 13 week old springer labroador cross fully vaccinated and wormed etc. We are emigrating shortly and wish to find her a new home. If anyone can help or needs details please email rachie241@btinternet.com and i will send pictures and further information.

Thanks

have you asked if the breeder will have the pup back?

oh no :( that is so sad :( might be worth putting an advert at your local vets?

lalena said:
oh no :( that is so sad :( might be worth putting an advert at your local vets?
Already put ad in at vets also asked friends and relatives. I really dont want her to go to a rescue centre but seems like i dont have any choice.

push comes to shove though, at rescue homes are carefully vetted, and such a young pup would be snapped up quickly :thumbsup:

either way, i hope your young lady finds a great new home :luck:

good luck,hope she gets a new home soon.

glad you took my advice and posted her on here :D

there are loads of lovely people who love there dogs and im sure she will be snapped up soon... :wub:

do you have a pic you can post, you can email it to me on kimduddridge@blueyonder.co.uk, if you want me to do it for you :cheers:

good luck :luck:

pleas be selective about which rescue you pick , NCDL are fantastic and thorough when rehoming. RSPCA "allegedly" gas their unwanted dogs. A poor ending for some loyal hounds i fear. :(

Try putting pup in Private Homings on www.dogpages.org.uk and hopefully someone will homecheck prospective adopters. There's a lot of peeps on there & the more people who see her the better.

:luck:

firesprite said:
pleas be selective about which rescue you pick , NCDL are fantastic and thorough when rehoming. RSPCA "allegedly" gas their unwanted dogs. A poor ending for some loyal hounds i fear.  :(

Rachie,Firstly I hope your pup finds a good home. :luck:

Secondly.. I work for a branch of the RSPCA and far from being gassed, all the dogs we rehome are vet checked, neutered, microchipped , vaccinated against the usual diseases & against kennel cough, and every new potential owner has to have a home visit before the adoption takes place. In the event of the dog needing to be returned we will always take them back no questions asked, in fact it is written into the adoption conditions that the dog must be returned to us if need be. No matter how long the dog is with us it would only ever be PTS humanely on the advice of a vet or if the dog was of such a bad temperament that we felt it unsafe to rehome.

Not a bad start for our loyal hounds :)

Rachie,Sorry to go on but I wouldn't want you to think the worst if the pup does end up in one of our centres.

Good Luck,

Julie.

so the rspca dont put any healthy dogs down?then why did they use the mountain of dead dogs advert at crufts a few years back?im only asking cos i thought they had to put dogs down when their kennels were full and they couldnt take any more.i always thought dogs had 7 days and after that if they werent homed they were put to sleep?im confused now :unsure:

kris said:
so the rspca dont put any healthy dogs down?then why did they use the mountain of dead dogs advert at crufts a few years back?im only asking cos i thought they had to put dogs down when their kennels were full and they couldnt take any more.i always thought dogs had 7 days and after that if they werent homed they were put to sleep?im confused now :unsure:
Hi Kris,

Our branch doesn't have a rehoming centre so we rent spaces at a private boarding kennels. We can only have so many spaces so you are right, when we are full, we are full & cannot accept any more from people who want to rehome their dogs. But we don't PTS one to make room for another, we wait until we rehome a few & then take a few more in. I can only speak from personal experience but can honestly say that our branch do not PTS dogs unless it's the absolute last resort, i.e. untreatable illness or very bad temperament & therefore not suitable for rehoming. :(

There will probably be people who have horror stories to tell but the sad fact remains there will always be many more dogs on the waiting list than available spaces in whichever rescue centre you visit. I have 7 waiting ATM & we only have 10 spaces, all of which are full.

We have had dogs in the kennels for over 6 months who have eventually been rehomed so the 7 day rule does not apply with us. It would be stupid to take in a dog, neuter, chip & vacc & then kill it.

Hope this sort of helps & sorry to have gone so far off the original subject :oops:

no dont apologise i just was curious to know myself what their policy is.i remember years ago when they had the posters of the mountains of dead dogs and there was uproar at crufts and i thought hang on,why is everyone getting upset cos the rspca is telling you what really happens.dont you want to know or is it easier to not think about it. :thumbsup: i think it was gavin someone or other who did this campaign he was headhunted by them and he apparently ruffled a few feathers! :- " thanks for taking the time to explain to myself and others here who also might not have known :)

Rachie241 said:
lalena said:
have you asked if the breeder will have the pup back?
no she was originally dumped so she has no one to be returned to.

I just wander how do you know that she is a lab X springer if you do not know where she came from?

Hope you find somebody to take her soon, but you do have to take her to a rescue kennels, I would not be worried about her being PTS. Attractive healthy young pups are much more likely to find homes. :luck: :luck: :luck:

As you are emigrating in the near future, I take it this pup found you rather than you going out purposely to acquire a dog.

I can’t offer any advice about rehoming but with such a young dog her age is in her favour.

I wish you all the best luck in getting a new family for her. :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back