The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Devon

doris

Puppies for pleasure, not for Trade!
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Poor Devon, after being so happy in the sun with his bones, disaster has struck and he has split his top back tooth in half :eek:

I noticed a swelling below his eye and thought he'd chewed up a bee or a wasp (one of his favourite summer past times :rant: ) I had a good look around for the sting but instead found his damaged tooth :x

Its such a shame cos he has fantastic teeth, strong bright and white, thanks to all those bones he chews - ironic, ain't it :wacko: :blink:

So its a day trip to the vet for Devon tomorrow :(

He also has a few little lumps here and there, but one of them has gone black so thats coming off too :(

And he's been limping a bit, I think its wrist strain from holding down the bones while he chews, but while he's under they are going to x-ray that for me, just to be sure its not connected to the lump :unsure:

Also, being an oldie now (10 and a half!) they are going to do routine bloods first, and give him a bit of an MOT cos its been so many years since he's had anything other than boosters (and that aint too often :- " )

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - thank **** for insurance :sweating:

This is Devon in happier times - about a day and a half ago :huggles:

16.JPG

Sorry to hear about poor Devons teeth :( lets hope shes feeling better after the vet gives her an MOT.... and shes ready for the road again :luck: :luck: :huggles: Good luck and lots of hugs :luck: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Aww poor devon ..hope hes feeling better soon sending him lots of :huggles:

and my apologies for calling Devon a she... :b :* must be my age...but we wont go into that today.......... :lol:

Good luck tomorrow Devon :luck:

Try not to worry about him. Holly had 3 teeth out earlier this year, routine bloods etc too - she says to tell Devon she felt much happier afterwards and it was great because she got fresh chicken for a few days while her sore mouth healed. :D

Poor Devon- hope everything is ok :luck:

He's such a fit boy- I'm sure he will be fine :thumbsup:

Liz and the Monellis

good luck for tomorrow alison and devon :luck:

good luck for a speedy recovery :huggles:

Good luck Devon with you full MOT tomorrow :luck: - he looks in fine fettle, Alison :thumbsup: :huggles:

:luck: :luck: Devon ......nothing worse than a bad tooth .....you'll be back to chewing your fav bones soon :D

Poor fella........toothache is nasty
hug4.gif

poor old boy :( sore teeth are no joke. Hope he's back to chewing bones in no time and lots of cuddles :huggles: good luck Devon :luck:

Poor Devon, nothing worse than a trip to the vets, especially when you have toothache >_< . Hope he's given the all clear on all his tests :luck: :huggles:

oh poor Devon, will be thinking of him - keep us updated

Bless him, poor old boy,he is home but he is not happy :(

Usually teeth are taken out cos they are decayed or wobbly, but Devon's were very sound so it's been a bit of a struggle to take them out - yes, them! :eek:

Cos not only was there the one he split on Sunday, there was another one that had broken right at the back :angry: again it was ok for now, but would, without doubt, lead to an abcess and infection at a later date - so we decided better to remove it while he is healthy and unconsious than risk another anesthetic when he's older or when it's gone bad and painful :x

Plus he's had the lump from between his front legs removed and sent off to histology, but as he has had the one on his shoulder for so long, thought it would be best to leave well alone :- " :sweating:

Also decided against the leg xrays, no one can feel anything wrong so I'm gonna get some nice stuff from Dorwest Herbs cos I recon its just a touch of old age :huggles:

He is now snoozing on a quilt, on the sofa, in front of the TV, as we all do when we are feeling under the weather :thumbsup: -_-

:wub: Ahhh bless him, at least he is home know where he belongs :huggles:

:luck: Speedy recovery

:( Poor Devon, :luck: hope he will soon be feeling much better :luck: :thumbsup:

Tina

hope he's back to his old self soon :luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back