The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Pony Savaged

I read this article in Horse and Hound :unsure: ......................................am now trying very hard, with little success, not to imagine what poor Sebastian went through.

i too was very upset reading about it.apparently the police/vet/rspca have examined foot marks and prints at the site and they have come to the conclusion there were 2 large dogs and 1 small dog involved.there were also at least 2 sets of human footprints in the field and land where it happened.a 4x4 car was seen in the area at the time of the incident.what chance did this poor old guy have?36 yrs old for heavens sake,he couldnt run away he could hardly walk.his owner is devastated.R.I.P. Sebastian :( :( :(

What a horrible way to go :( Don't know how anyone could stand by and watch their dogs do such a thing.

That is just horrible, I do hope it was not deliberate. I know of people who cannot appreciate what damage can a dog do to livestock and when you hear of something like this, there is no wonder some farmers do not like people with dogs on their property.

Even a large and young horse could easily be killed or badly injured if the dogs chased him. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Sebastion :( what an aweful death - what owners would let their dogs do something like this.

I watched a Springer tormenting cattle this morning close to where I walk with Alfie. All the owner did was call the dogs name over and over again, the poor cows were dashing about in fright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor poor Sebastian, how horrible :(

What a sad thing to read the poor Pony.

If someone stood by and watched their dogs do this horrific incident, they deserve the maximum sentence.

[SIZE=14pt]RIP Sebastian[/SIZE]

Our thoughts are with everyone who loved him :'(

i read it in horse and hound to, how awful :( poor poor pony, im not to far from bold health either, we go there with our horses to showjump.

This is a quote from the paper - but why on earth is it not enforced when they do catch the evil B@$T@RD$ that allowed this and all the other terrible things that have happened recently......

The 1911 Protection of Animals Act makes it an offence to cause any unnecessary suffering to any domestic or captive animal. Under this act people could face penalties of up to 6 months in prison and a £5,000 fine.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back