The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poorly dog

Rupert74

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all I'm very new here and am so confused and wondered if anyone had experiences anything like this .So back 4 months ago my 6 Yr old staff lurcher was sick and very bad diarrhoea. SO took him to the vets he had bloods and his liver Enzymes? where that high the machine couldn't even read them.Hus was put on lots of meds and told me it was touch and go .We went back month later to repeat bloods and they where back to normal and he could come off all his meds .He seemed to be getting better.Fast forward to 4 weeks ago and we noticed he was circling more than normal and very hyper.we took him to the vets and they said they wanted to scan him and repeat some bloods which came back OK.They thought he had a shunt but bloods came back normal.He has lost alot of weigh on a short space of time.and started to lean to the left. I was unhappy with something thing the vet said to me so I registered him somewhere else and they told me the same as the last vets but said .But said he may have a brain tumor or cancer on the brain due to his rapid weight lose.His on a course of steroids got to go back in a week .But the only way to fine is an mri which is £1500 we will pay anything he is our world .But he is eating weeing poohing drink and some of the symptoms of brain tumor he hasn't had .They said he is a very hard case anyone ever had this .Sorry for the long post .Me and my daughter r heart broken xx

Hello and welcome, I'm sorry you join us under such difficult circumstances.

I don't have any advice but I hope he rallies on the steroids and you get answers soon.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It would be worth asking your vet if an MRI is likely to show up anything that can be treated - though you might prefer to have it done anyway just to know what the problem is.

My best wishes for a happy outcome.

Thank u
Any ideas what home made recipes which r dog friendly but would help put weight on him x

What do you feed him at the moment? I'm wary of suggesting a change of food in a dog with medical issues - though you could of course run any changes past your vet.

Looking on the bright side, you really can feed him whatever he loves and spoil him silly (as long as it doesn't upselt his tum). If his normal food agrees with him, you could give him and extra meal a day, maybe incorporating some extra fish (white or oily) and/or cooked chicken.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back