The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

poorly sproodle

Sofatime

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Our sproodle puppy 12 weeks old has been in the vets since Boxing day and is slowly deteriorating. sick, diarrhoea, not feeding, the vets are stumped and we are preparing for the worse. family in bits. checked for blockages, been on various antibiotics, meds to reduce inflamation in the stomach, encourage feeding. Anyone any ideas? Desperate.

Managed 3ml of food today without sicking up but no more. ultrascan showed stomach not moving. on steroids, painkillers and meds to settle stomach. blood sample tomorrow to see if there has been any improvement. little fighter.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this, and hope your sproodle pulls through. What tests have the vets done - stool samples, blood tests, X ray/scans, etc.?

Really sorry- and hope things have improved. At this age one thing I'd do is contact the puppy's breeder and ask if any other dogs in the home are ill. Good luck with yours.

So sorry to hear this. I hope you have better news soon.

I'm so sorry to hear this, and hope your sproodle pulls through. What tests have the vets done - stool samples, blood tests, X ray/scans, etc.?
hi there, they have done X-ray which showed no objects but said they could see bubbles which was consistent with blockage, so operated and said there was no blockage but the intestine looked inflamed, so gave her some med to reduce inflammation but pup still not picked up. Done blood test which shows high renal levels, and high red blood cells. no parasites found in stool samples and checked for parvo, which she is also free from. they are just perplexed what it is they can do.

The poor thing - I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Thanks for the support blood samples, stool urine samples, X-ray ultrasound

Thanks for the support have done bloods, urine and stool samples, xray and ultrasound

Really sorry- and hope things have improved. At this age one thing I'd do is contact the puppy's breeder and ask if any other dogs in the home are ill. Good luck with yours.
contacted breeder there was only three in the litter and both of the others are apparently ok

Oh well- just fingers crossed then your puppy gets over this. Such a worry!

My heart goes out to you. What a horrible situation for the mite. Fingers well and truly crossed for you all.

Our sproodle puppy 12 weeks old has been in the vets since Boxing day and is slowly deteriorating. sick, diarrhoea, not feeding, the vets are stumped and we are preparing for the worse. family in bits. checked for blockages, been on various antibiotics, meds to reduce inflamation in the stomach, encourage feeding. Anyone any ideas? Desperate.

Managed 3ml of food today without sicking up but no more. ultrascan showed stomach not moving. on steroids, painkillers and meds to settle stomach. blood sample tomorrow to see if there has been any improvement. little fighter.
I

sounds like he has gotten to the chocolate!

I

sounds like he has gotten to the chocolate!

That's really not funny - and quite inappropriate seeing as the pup had had a lot of vet investigations and was really poorly... and the thread is almost two years old.

That's really not funny - and quite inappropriate seeing as the pup had had a lot of vet investigations and was really poorly... and the thread is almost two years old.

It's dangerous for dogs to eat chocolate. It is Toxic!!!

That is neither here nor there.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back