The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Portuguese Podengo

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I believe the Ibizan hound is also called a Podengo (but not Portugese)
what/who is the pretty white dog with the eye patch?
The pretty white dog is our Parson Russell terrier :thumbsup:

Thank you all very much for your kind comments here are a few more pictures of her.

P7013395.jpg

P7273460.jpg

P8063546.jpg

you could of taken the price tag off your pots Pauline :lol: :lol: Tejo is sooooo lovely :wub: :wub:

Thats the price of the KITTENS neave (w00t) :lol: (w00t) totally frost resistant and a set of 5 all for the princely sum of £6.99 :thumbsup:

I think the podengo isn't in group 10 (European dog shows sighthound group), but they were exhibited at the sighthound show I went to in Sweden last summer. Cirneco dogs aren't in group 10 either, but look like they should be

I'm surprised to see a Podengo listed on dog rescue pages: http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=202613

Pip is in Bristol. any k9er interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely gorgeous and likely to be my next pup though with two very young Podencos not for a long time yet! Podencos ibicenco are the ibizan hounds and podengos are the Portuguese guys and gals

I know they are shown in group 10, but they look very different from any of the other sight hounds. The one I saw was black and white and the first resemblance I thought of was Jack Russell terrier. Can you tell us anymore about the breed?
and less like a sighthound than basenjis or cirneco (I wonder why cirneco aren't in group 10, or do they not hunt by sight despite physically resembling sighthounds?)
they are shown in Ireland in group 5 spitz type as they are a primitive breed known as the Warren Hound and have only ever seen them in fawn and white or different shades of solid fawn and i have seen them running in a pack of about 40 at the lady who first imported them from portugal and not one black and white was to be seen

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back