The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Posh Totty Does It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
rls22 said:
Wow Kris that is ace!  What a day out that must have been  :cheers:

What breed did you have then?

this was in the shibas but ive bred champions, cc winers, best in show, best puppy in show winners in dobes and manchester terriers too,and not just in the uk.ive done a fair bit of judging too.one of the last shows i did was birmingham dobe club show.

kris said:
THECAP said:
never heard of any of them :lol:

do tell me kris when was it last u did show a dog of any breed ? just curious?

if i remember rightly it was at crufts a few years ago where i won all classes and best puppy in breed.the dog then went straight out to austria and did well over there too.

so what was the last show you showed at george? :- "

A peep show ? :lol:

There seem's to me more to this dog showing than you think.

It's not only the dog you have to contend with but the judges

and other people's opinions of the judges................im so glad

i dont do it.

But i really do think any judge's opinion of a dog is worth having

no matter what breed they tend to lean towards. A judge is a judge

after all, you cant knock them because they dont share your views :)

Its amazing at some of the people you see at small open shows, giving their youngsters experience ;) Posh is in good company ;) Well done :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
AnnSa said:
There seem's to me more to this dog showing than you think.

It's not only the dog you have to contend with but the judges

and other people's opinions of the judges................im so glad

i dont do it.

But i really do think any judge's opinion of a dog is worth having

no matter what breed they tend to lean towards. A judge is a judge

after all, you cant knock them because they dont share your views :)

[

i dont agree with this.as i said before theres judges and theres judges.you couldnt possible equate the likes of joe braddon and judy de casembroot with some of the judges you see today who have had a couple of dogs theyve shown with moderate success and the next thing you know theyre judging anything and everything.im not being pedantic here and am not trying to start a row.im just saying that its like simon cowell who is a very experienced music producer telling someone they cant sing and the person replying to simon saying you dont know what youre talking about cos i know im brilliant and i know im going to make it to the top.one of the people knows what theyre on about and one doesnt.judging is the same. theres good judges and theres people whose opinion of your dog isnt worth a carrot!and we all know this cos weve all seen them judge! :lol:

and its not a question of them not agreeing with your view.its a question of them not having the authority(by means of what theyve achieved/not achieved themselves)or the knowledge to pass a worthwhile opinion on your dog.

anyway i look forward to seeing posh's dog winning all the c.c.'s next year. ;)

i always say let your dog do your talking for you in the ring.nuff said! :thumbsup:

(w00t) lol C C `s! id just be happy for him to continue winning at the champ shows and the opens as he has been!!! must make lillybet so proud as she bred him and was so kind to give me a chance with a much better quality dog (show wise) then my blue :wub: , who is THE most fantastic dog to live with , clean chilled and a really cuddle bug, but he will NEVER be a show dog, he much prefers racing around after a lure or anything else fluffy that even resembles a rabbit!!! his daughter tippy follows both her parents prey drive, however his other daughter , baby alice with attitude loves prancing up and down ( and around and around (w00t) ) so im hoping she will enjoy showing :thumbsup:

must admit it would be a dream come true to actually gain a C C !! :thumbsup:

Im sorry to harp on but if you dont ask you dont learn :)

How do you get to be a judge then.......... is it a long process or what
Dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going slightly off the original topic now isn't it????

But... I will say that most judges aren't 'facey'. I am very proud that my sister (shows the Citycroft whips) is a relative newcomer to the breed and has gained 1CC and 2Res CC's this year with her dog. This was done on the merit of the dog and nothing to do with who was at the end of the lead. :thumbsup:

rls22 said:
But... I will say that most judges aren't 'facey'.  I am very proud that my sister  (shows the Citycroft whips) is a relative newcomer to the breed and has gained 1CC and 2Res CC's this year with her dog.  This was done on the merit of the dog and nothing to do with who was at the end of the lead.  :thumbsup:

i agree totally off topic!! (w00t)

well done to jo too , has she had a good birthday? ( they are off topic so we can join them (w00t) )

posh totty said:
rls22 said:
But... I will say that most judges aren't 'facey'.  I am very proud that my sister  (shows the Citycroft whips) is a relative newcomer to the breed and has gained 1CC and 2Res CC's this year with her dog.  This was done on the merit of the dog and nothing to do with who was at the end of the lead.  :thumbsup:

well done to jo too , has she had a good birthday? ( they are off topic so we can join them (w00t) )

I went round with presents after work and she was having an afternoon doze before heading out for a meal. But had been at work since 5.30 this morning! (w00t)

well done tanya, can we get back to the original topic now lol i cant multitask :* :*

rls22 said:
posh totty said:
rls22 said:
But... I will say that most judges aren't 'facey'.  I am very proud that my sister  (shows the Citycroft whips) is a relative newcomer to the breed and has gained 1CC and 2Res CC's this year with her dog.  This was done on the merit of the dog and nothing to do with who was at the end of the lead.   :thumbsup:

I went round with presents after work and she was having an afternoon doze before heading out for a meal. But had been at work since 5.30 this morning! (w00t)

well wish her a very happy birthday from the mad house in norfolk!!!!!!! :huggles:

Have deleted some posts and am closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back