The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Potty Training

princessinpink

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my Amber may look like a little princess but we are still having difficulty training her! she has days wer she is clean and dry all day, then others when she poos or wees in her bed!(like today!)! she is in a cage for most of the day but either myself or my OH comes home at lunch to let her out and feed her.

also when we take her out for walks she will not wee or poo. we then have to put her out in the yard on returning from a walk, where she will then do her bits!!!

does or have anyone experienced this before in iggis?

iv never had this problem with my lot ,but i dont crate for more than 4hrs if i even need to do that ,could you not get a pet walker or sombody to come in and keep her company for hour or so to break the day up? as all day is bit long for a puppy to be caged :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
my OH comes home for his lunch tho and takes her out and is usually around for about an hour. when i said most of the day, i work shifts so i work 7 til 1 or 1 til 10.30 so im with her quite alot and my OT works 9 til 5 so she isnt really left for long periods on her own!!

ah right ,iv not got an itailian ,but a whippet and i know when potty training her she'd be crying every half hour to go out for a wee :blink: ,also forgot to add in my last post that my tia wouldnt do her buissness when out on walks when we first started taking her out, took her about 3weeks before she decided to go loo on a walk maybe in time she will go on her walk :cheers:

pups dont seem to want t go when outside their territory i think its a safety thing from the wild.they tend to go when you bring them back from a walk and i guess in the nest mum would clean it up so it would stop predators knowing where the pups were.

gypsy will wait to have a poop until we take her out for her morning walk...........................very rarely do i have to pick up after her in our garden.

maybe she's just being thoughtful :- "

Iggie puppies seem to take an extremely long time to get the hang of house training- their little bladders can't hold much! :oops:

I would personally get her a puppy pen, so she has room for a bed area and a toilet area, otherwise she may get into the habit of peeing on her bed :x

I wish I had used those puppy pee pads for my Iggie babies, so that they get used to using them, then you can move them outside to the spot you want them to use- in theory anyway :- "

Good luck! :luck: :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back