The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

premier scr event

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
debbie here, HAS EVERYONE MISSED THE POINT HERE THE EVENT IN QUESTION IS SCRATCH RACING DOGS 32LB IN MY OPIONION IS DEFINATLY NOT A SCRATCH DOG NOBODY IS IN DISPUTE WETHER YOUR DOG IS GOOD OR NOT PETER ITS JUST THAT IT IS NOT 35LB AND OVER. AND AS FOR THE SARKY COMMENT TO MY HUSBAND ABOUT STRAIGHT RACING YOU SHOULD KNOW WE SUPPORTED STRAIGHT RACING AS WELL AS BENDS AND OUR DOGS WERE NOT rubbish ON THE STRAIGHTS EITHER. SO PLEASE KEEP PERSONAL COMMENTS TO YOURSELF AS WE HAVENT MADE ANY DEROGATORY COMMENTS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR DOGS. THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think that all this talk is causing a rift in whippet racing , i just wish people would get on and race what ever weight they want to run ...

I think peter should put 2 1/2 pond on show threes back just to prove a point, i know i would ;)

ritchie said:
**** ALL NEIL :angry:
You are not the first to go into greyhound, you really shouldn't go on like that Ritchie you got some good friends in whippet racing , and if the greyhounds doesn't work out you'll be back racing whippets again

I think peter should put 2 1/2 pound on show threes back just to prove a point, i know i would
Thats my point entirely, i know i would definately be thinking about it if i were Peter, after all she couldn't be refused as she'd meet the one & only requirement.

It would be well worth a ride down to worcester to watch if she went!!

And i was hoping RIO would be okay too :( lol

Yes peter go for it

well said Debbie. Just for once, the big dogs have a bit of 'cream'and nothing will alter the fact that it is for 35 lbs and over. I would ask all who are unable to take part, to let the heavies have their day. who knows, perhaps the winner might be a friend of yours.

DEE at the end of the day you go to an open to run your dogs little or large no difference . BUT at the presentation the smaller dogs (yard per lb) will be presented with trophies or jackets where as the scr dogs get a brown envelope

neil asked what do scr dogs get and i replied with my opinion and it is probably the same opinion as most scr races . i dont mind big dogs or little dogs , everyone pays the same so wh y not treat them the same . that is what i meant dee :D

it will be a very sad day for whippet racing when and if there are no big dogs and i would be sorry to see them go i have both big and small and they all are the same to me and get treat the same with TLC and plenty of it .

there allways used to be real nice trophies on for all events ,i think the reason sometimes there is none on is that they dont allways get returned .

Last edited by a moderator:
if you cast your minds back a few years :D you will remember when scr racing started in bwra a rule was brought in to stop 32lb dogs entering scr races at champs because that would mean they would have two bites of the cherry.just lets say there was a28lb bitch that could beat any heavy wieghts and decided to go into the 32lbclass because his mates had dogs in the other classes would michelle

be quoting the rules the other way,and if you remember they use to wiegh charming regular to make sure she was over 40lb because some people wanted her in the forty,so if every body sticks to the rules this would help,and i wonder if peter would put show3 in this line up jacks back, charmin,goose green,goodbye to fly,hollywood,bicarb,butt nut,just to name afew ??? ,ican remember when freewheeler entered in no limit and got bowled over at the first bend and we all thought it had been badly injured but it had just been stuned :0 luckily but mrs o,said she would not run him again against big dogs ??? its alright when you trap

and get away but there will be an odd time when you miss your break and then your dog is stuck in the pack and this is where the trouble comes :c

:) Well said LES I dont honestly know what else peter wants from this dog I would be over the moon if my dog had achived what she has I think you want to step back and consider the dog as she will end off getting hurt but am i to soft? but thats my opinion and who am i :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back