The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Problems housetraining my beagle pup!

Cupcake831

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I am new to this forum, I have had dogs before growing up so knew it would be hard, but my beagle bitch 'spice' appears impossible to house train!!!

She pees all the time, even after a walk, the minute she is out of her pen, she pees....

I have tried crate training, but even after half an hour her bed will be wet...Most of the time it's little wees too, it's almost like her bladder is so small she can't hold it, but how can I try and train her to hold her bladder if she just wees in her bed too???

We have had her just over 3 weeks and it is not getting any easier!

Btw, I have been googling 'weeing frequently and UTI's came up...I have taken her to the vets to check and all is ok there! :-/

Forgot to mention she is 4 and a half months old..

Please help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
you are doing the right thing with crate training her, so keep up with that. put some newspaper down in the crate so she can pee on there instead of her bed if she does end up going whilst she is in there.

please dont use puppy pads either! they are a waste of money!

My dog when we first had him, we wrote down every time he went to the toilet so we could keep track of his routine. Every 10 minutes!!!!! we were exhausted from scooping him up and putting him outside to pee or poop!!!!! thank god there was 2 of us to do the job! lol

the way we did it, is every 10 minutes we used to pick him up and pop him the garden in his little spot where he would go to the toilet. even if we stood there for 10 minutes or more we would wait until he had gone to the toilet made a massive fuss of him and said 'good wee wees' and a little treat to top it off. this way he knew that he was doing good thing by going to the toilet outside.

he clocked on within days that if he went outside to go to the toilet he would get a massive fuss and a treat.

Beagles are soooooooo clever and as you probably already know they lead with their nose so a nice tasty treat should work wonders.

hope this helps!

good luck

Sophie xx

Hi there, congrats on getting a beagle! Mines 8months almost and showed no signs of getting it until she was 6 months and then nothing accident wise since then. Just stick with it, it's hard not to lose faith and think it will never happen but if your persistent and consistent it will happen eventually. I know what a difference being fully housetrained makes to your relationship with your dog you begin to enjoy and relax with them more. It will happen I would guess even sooner than my ruby got it, it will take you by surprise.

Best of luck with it and enjoy that beautiful beagle :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back