The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Problems when I leave the room - separation anxiety?

So    came home to find he's jumped the puppy gate chewed two more did the door frames..    so hard not to tell him   off but I know it not the right thing to do... 

So  frustrating  never known a dog like it.   I'll chase up the pet behaviourist later.

Every dog is different.

You are right to not tell him off. It only increases the anxiety around being left and makes everything much worse. Not only are they upset at being left but anxious about you coming home too!

The behaviour organisations, mentioned above, will want a referral from your vet. If he hasn't been for a while then you can save time by getting him checked over. Some vets will refer without seeing the dog but others insist on ruling out any health problems.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back