The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Prostate Infection

Robert Powell

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Attached is the result of Henry's prospered scan. We have had to have him put to sleep. Anyone know exactly what this scan shows?

Attachments

• HenryPowell1.jpg
    HenryPowell1.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 216
So very sad for you :( I’ve no idea what the scan indicates but was there any treatment offered to try and save him?

So very sad for you :( I’ve no idea what the scan indicates but was there any treatment offered to try and save him?
It shows an enlarged protate with infection apparently. The vets threw everything at Henry from antiboitics and painkillers to appetisers. He never really got any better after the fateful Monday when he went downhill at home.

So heartbreaking, we lost our Springer last June and still find it so hard without her :( she was only 9 . So sorry the vets couldn’t help him, such tough times for you x

So heartbreaking, we lost our Springer last June and still find it so hard without her :( she was only 9 . So sorry the vets couldn’t help him, such tough times for you x
Henry was 9 too...would have been 10 in July.
He has left a hole in our household.We have had dogs before mainly spaniels but he was special. People are shocked but then say will you have another dog?
We have just had his ashes back. In no mood to consider any other dog at present.

I hate it when people say that. I usually say something like ”he wasn't a washing machine” or similar.

Everybody is different, some people find it helps to fill the hole they leave in your heart sooner, others prefer to wait - there is no right or wrong; you need to do what is right for you.

Henry was 9 too...would have been 10 in July.
He has left a hole in our household.We have had dogs before mainly spaniels but he was special. People are shocked but then say will you have another dog?
We have just had his ashes back. In no mood to consider any other dog at present.
We found the same when we lost Molly, we’ve lost many dogs over the last 40 years ( again, like you, mainly spaniels) but she was also very special and we still miss her so much after 11 months, I can’t bring myself to have another one, Lily our terrier missed her dreadfully but has now come to terms with being the only dog and is very happy :rolleyes:

When someone loses a dog I always sort of hope they will get another dog, when the time is right, to help fill the hole in their life and give them some comfort. But it would be downright rude to ask them.

I remember and miss every single dog we have lost over the years, but I am glad that when we lost one we already had others, (sometimes one other sometimes more). So I have never been in the position of wondering if I should bring one into a dog less home.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back