The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pup For Sale On Epupz?

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
maggie217 said:
I agree that the breeder should be informed, obviously preferably by the person selling the puppy BUT there is not actually anything wrong with the puppy being sold by the new owners, if they ensure that the pup goes to a good home and takes the same care as a responsible breeder would.  A puppy that age should command a good price, and not be given away, as this will help ensure a responsible home.  There does not appear to be anything underhand about this advert BUT I DO AGREE IT IS GOOD MANNERS TO INFORM THE BREEDER.Without further knowledge we shouldn't make a judgement on why the puppy is being offered for sale IMO.

Pauline

I do not understand how a puppy being sold as opposed to given away 'will ensure a responsible home'.

Also I would have thought by the breeders quick response that they would have requested, like most other breeders, that if their circumstances changed to bring the dog back.

Tara Willows

I think well done to k9's for caring and sorting this matter out - whatever the circumstances - looks a gorgeous puppy :wub:

K9 community is great for situations that arise - great communication - and loads of love and wonderful people! :huggles:

jakers said:
kris said:
i sent a private email as i knew that if it was me i would want to know and id want the puppy back with me so i could vet the home he went to.when i saw the post there werent any replies to it and i couldnt for the life of me remeber  the colooney kennels breeders name on here so i googled their website and followed the email addy on there.im not making any judgements about epupz or why the puppy is being offered for sale (as far as i can see noone else is either in that noone has said anything about it)it was just that i didnt think the breeder would have known about this puppy as they had had him for such  a short while and as it said in the ad circumstances had changed and that was the only reason he was for sale.as a person who has bred dogs and who always would take any dog of any age of my breeding back for whatever reason i thought it was only fair that Claire and Viv were informed of this. :thumbsup: if id have seen the advert on epupz first id have sent them a private email rather than put it on here for public viewing
sorry am new to the breed and thought this would be the best way of communicating, certainly the way it works in other breeds - as you will see my post was very late last night and I don't know the people involved but know enough to know that there are some very underhand people out there who will buy a puppy and sell on for a big profit - I'm not saying that this is what is happening ....... I did say in my first post that if I was speaking out of turn then I'm sorry.

Viv has contacted me and she is sorting it - you never know the little lad might even end up with a loving show home here with us and MR Z as a play mate :- "

I was simply look out for the breed

Liz

hey hun i wasnt having a dig at you! :D if i was new to a site and a breed id have done exactly the same as i wouldnt know who to go to with this.all i was saying was I would have sent a pm either to Viv or Claire or to Pamela (who i know is in ireland and has colooney breeding or a couple of other people on here that i know who i could have got in contact with and put it safely in their hands to get in touch)its a whole different thing when you dont know anyone on a site and dont know who to get in touch with so the safest course is to put it on the site and let everyone see it and then the appropriate people can take action.you havent done anything wrong. :thumbsup: i can see you have the best interests of the breed at heart by bringing this to everyones attention. :thumbsup:

kris said:
jakers said:
kris said:
i sent a private email as i knew that if it was me i would want to know and id want the puppy back with me so i could vet the home he went to.when i saw the post there werent any replies to it and i couldnt for the life of me remeber  the colooney kennels breeders name on here so i googled their website and followed the email addy on there.im not making any judgements about epupz or why the puppy is being offered for sale (as far as i can see noone else is either in that noone has said anything about it)it was just that i didnt think the breeder would have known about this puppy as they had had him for such  a short while and as it said in the ad circumstances had changed and that was the only reason he was for sale.as a person who has bred dogs and who always would take any dog of any age of my breeding back for whatever reason i thought it was only fair that Claire and Viv were informed of this. :thumbsup: if id have seen the advert on epupz first id have sent them a private email rather than put it on here for public viewing
sorry am new to the breed and thought this would be the best way of communicating, certainly the way it works in other breeds - as you will see my post was very late last night and I don't know the people involved but know enough to know that there are some very underhand people out there who will buy a puppy and sell on for a big profit - I'm not saying that this is what is happening ....... I did say in my first post that if I was speaking out of turn then I'm sorry.

Viv has contacted me and she is sorting it - you never know the little lad might even end up with a loving show home here with us and MR Z as a play mate :- "

Liz

hey hun i wasnt having a dig at you! :D if i was new to a site and a breed id have done exactly the same as i wouldnt know who to go to with this.all i was saying was I would have sent a pm either to Viv or Claire or to Pamela (who i know is in ireland and has colooney breeding or a couple of other people on here that i know who i could have got in contact with and put it safely in their hands to get in touch)its a whole different thing when you dont know anyone on a site and dont know who to get in touch with so the safest course is to put it on the site and let everyone see it and then the appropriate people can take action.you havent done anything wrong. :thumbsup: i can see you have the best interests of the breed at heart by bringing this to everyones attention. :thumbsup:

phew thanks, viv has it sorted now, shame we can't have the little chap I'm sure he'll find a lovely home soon.

Liz

jakers said:
kris said:
jakers said:
kris said:

Liz

phew thanks, viv has it sorted now, shame we can't have the little chap I'm sure he'll find a lovely home soon.

Liz

Thats a shame but glad that someone was on the ball, I think we would all like to be informed if there is a problem with one of our 'babies'. :thumbsup:

Tara Willows said:
maggie217 said:
I agree that the breeder should be informed, obviously preferably by the person selling the puppy BUT there is not actually anything wrong with the puppy being sold by the new owners, if they ensure that the pup goes to a good home and takes the same care as a responsible breeder would.  A puppy that age should command a good price, and not be given away, as this will help ensure a responsible home.   There does not appear to be anything underhand about this advert BUT I DO AGREE IT IS GOOD MANNERS TO INFORM THE BREEDER.Without further knowledge we shouldn't make a judgement on why the puppy is being offered for sale IMO.

Pauline

I do not understand how a puppy being sold as opposed to given away 'will ensure a responsible home'.

Also I would have thought by the breeders quick response that they would have requested, like most other breeders, that if their circumstances changed to bring the dog back.

Tara Willows

I did say that I think the breeder should be informed and I also said that asking a decent price for a young puppy [which is only the age that some are when sold by the breeders] would HELP ensure a responsible home. I didn't say it would guarantee. Maybe you think breeders should give them away too, or are they just thinking ££££s also.

Pauline

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back