The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppies At Play A While

playawhile

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi!

The 10th of January my wonderful "Juni" (Play A While Late Red Autumnhope Ale) had a litter of 4 boys and 4 girls. You're most welcome to follow their progress on my new blog: http://henrikharling.blogspot.se

Photos and pedigree of the sire and dam can be seen on my homepage: http://web.telia.com/~u85630720/

Henrik Härling

Congratulations on the litter :cheers:

I must say I really enjoyed your bit on 'eye colour' on your blog - good on you for approaching the judge, it really is unacceptable :thumbsup:

:) Congratulations on your new litter Henrik.

Hope to see you at Crufts :thumbsup: ?

Sorry!! Wrote a wrong adress for my blog, the correct one is:http://henrikharling.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Windsdream said:
:) Congratulations on your new litter Henrik.
Hope to see you at Crufts  :thumbsup: ?

Hi!

I am not coming to Cruft's this year. The pups will start moving to their new homes at that time! I might make a trip for a summer show this year??

Henrik

Congratulations!

Nice combination!

Love Juni's lines very much! :thumbsup:

Congratulations!

Best of luck with your new pups :luck:

Congratulations :cheers: you have beautiful dogs :wub:

Congratulation Henrik :cheers:

Nice Pups! Interesting combination with Marlon :thumbsup: I like Marlon very much from pictures but never had the chance to see him in flesh so far :(

Morgan said:
Congratulation Henrik :cheers: Nice Pups! Interesting combination with Marlon :thumbsup: I like Marlon very much from pictures but never had the chance to see him in flesh so far :(

I was most fortunate to see Marlon's sire, Am.Ch. Plumcreek Come Fly With Me, when he was exhibited at the American Whippet Club national specialty in Greenboro, North Carolina, when Espen Engh judged a handful of years ago. He was simply superb.

It was amazing to see because there was absolutely no buzz amongst entrants about this dog, or for that matter any of the other superb dogs from the Plumcreek breeding program that were shown at that show, until they moved around the ring, and then the buzz was clear. These dogs could move! When Plumcreek Come Fly With Me entered the ring he commanded everyone's attention with his superb movement and you knew right away this dog had it all. His appearance at that show led to a real interest in breeding to him and provided him, already by then a mature five or six year old, with a stud dog career to some of America's most promising bitches.

Plumcreek whippets are some of the American whippet community's greatest treasures -- produced by a very longtime and conscientious breeder who quietly and without fanfare marches to her own drummer and simply breeds each litter seeking excellence and continued modest improvements in every carefully planned, new generation. We were lucky enough at the start of our breeding program to acquire a lovely little black brindle and white bitch (Windspiel Parti Doll) whose dam was Plumcreek Morshor Suite -- a daughter of the great American champion, Plumcreek Walk On Water. In two litters for us (the second was a repeat breeding) she produced 7 champions, including Cdn.Fin.Nor. and World 98 Champion Avalonia Wheatfield Waving who was shown by his owner Jarmo Vuorinen and became best dog and World Winner 1998 at the Helsinki World Show in 1998 under -- Espen Engh!

Henrik, there must surely be treasure amongst the pups in that litter!

Lanny

Avalonia said:
Morgan said:
Congratulation Henrik :cheers: Nice Pups! Interesting combination with Marlon :thumbsup: I like Marlon very much from pictures but never had the chance to see him in flesh so far :(

I was most fortunate to see Marlon's sire, Am.Ch. Plumcreek Come Fly With Me, when he was exhibited at the American Whippet Club national specialty in Greenboro, North Carolina, when Espen Engh judged a handful of years ago. He was simply superb.

It was amazing to see because there was absolutely no buzz amongst entrants about this dog, or for that matter any of the other superb dogs from the Plumcreek breeding program that were shown at that show, until they moved around the ring, and then the buzz was clear. These dogs could move! When Plumcreek Come Fly With Me entered the ring he commanded everyone's attention with his superb movement and you knew right away this dog had it all. His appearance at that show led to a real interest in breeding to him and provided him, already by then a mature five or six year old, with a stud dog career to some of America's most promising bitches.
Yes I have admired him from pics many many times. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I was fortunate to see a video of one of his Plumcreek daughter moving and I was... speechless :thumbsup:

I even thought about using him but don't have any bitch "suitable" in terms of bloodlines... Or I should do a total outcross... Maybe it would be "worth to try" :)

Morgan said:
Yes I have admired him from pics many many times.  :wub:   :wub:   :wub: I was fortunate to see a video of one of his Plumcreek daughter moving and I was... speechless  :thumbsup:

I even thought about using him but don't have any bitch "suitable" in terms of bloodlines... Or I should do a total outcross... Maybe it would be "worth to try" :)

A friend at Windsong bred her well bred Sporting Fields bitch Sonja (SF Moonlight Sonata, double line bred with SF Jazz Fest as grandsire and sired by the great Johnny, Wenrick's Man About Town whom I think of as the best Jazz Fest son ever produced) to him and the pick male picked up all his American majors easily, including one at the, I think, Southern Specialty. The lovely thing about Plumcreek dogs is you see the linebreeding mixed with absolutely compatible outcrossing where needed. I don't think there is a Plumcreek dog alive who cannot trace multiple lines back to the great Rapid (P. Walk On Water).

I am not sure you have to go to America to capture correct movement from where you are -- but with a world that has shrunk, and the ability to move dogs easily around the world, all options today are open.

A question... are you going to Crufts? I booked my trip this week... first time since 1977 when -- as you know -- I watched and photographed Black Knight of Carmodian go BOB! I am going for both the Gundog (still have an Irish Setter, still have a Labrador Retriever) and Hound days!

Lanny

Avalonia said:
A question... are you going to Crufts?  I booked my trip this week... first time since 1977 when -- as you know -- I watched and photographed Black Knight of Carmodian go BOB!  I am going for both the Gundog (still have an Irish Setter, still have a Labrador Retriever) and Hound days!
Lanny

Normally I am planning to be there this year :cheers: ... Just depending if everything goes fine with my working commitments... Keeping fingers crossed :luck: :luck: :luck:

So hopefully: see you there! :huggles:

Avalonia said:
I am not sure you have to go to America to capture correct movement from where you are
Depending on what you are looking for ;)

I personally find it quite hard to find the good match who combines it all (bloodline, conformation, movement and character).

Avalonia said:
Morgan said:

Plumcreek whippets are some of the American whippet community's greatest treasures -- produced by a very longtime and conscientious breeder who quietly and without fanfare marches to her own drummer and simply breeds each litter seeking excellence and continued modest improvements in every carefully planned, new generation. We were lucky enough at the start of our breeding program to acquire a lovely little black brindle and white bitch (Windspiel Parti Doll) whose dam was Plumcreek Morshor Suite -- a daughter of the great American champion, Plumcreek Walk On Water. In two litters for us (the second was a repeat breeding) she produced 7 champions, including Cdn.Fin.Nor. and World 98 Champion Avalonia Wheatfield Waving who was shown by his owner Jarmo Vuorinen and became best dog and World Winner 1998 at the Helsinki World Show in 1998 under -- Espen Engh!

Henrik, there must surely be treasure amongst the pups in that litter!

Lanny

Thanks for sharing your experiance from the National!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that (as always when having a litter...) treasure is in the hwelping box!!! :) If any of these puppies could move half as good as Nicholas I would be happy!!!

Henrik

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back