The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy and upset tummy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
O.... M.... G.... She is just adorable:emoji_blue_heart:

Butter wouldn't melt!

Do you need to go right into the school grounds to meet your children, or can you wait outside with puppy?

For anxiety at night time, I think I'd just try to reassure her with words. Or maybe try her out of the crate so you can put your hand on her to reassure her. Or could her bladder be uncomfortable? It might be worth taking her into the garden on lead to see if she wants to toilet. Be really low-key though, with just a word of praise for toileting, then straight back into bed.

Or, you could see if she settles with a nightlight, or with some of your clothing that you've worn for a while so it smells of you.

I would of thought a school run would be good practice for the dog to slowly learn from not being with you, I’m so glad I didn’t have any of these issues over the years but then again my dogs was taught to be tough and independent, looking at your dogs eyes it does look a bit challenging and that’s just me reading his eyes.

Butter wouldn't melt!

Do you need to go right into the school grounds to meet your children, or can you wait outside with puppy?
I take them into the door and pick them up as my girls are only young.

I would of thought a school run would be good practice for the dog to slowly learn from not being with you, I’m so glad I didn’t have any of these issues over the years but then again my dogs was taught to be tough and independent, looking at your dogs eyes it does look a bit challenging and that’s just me reading his eyes.
Yes I'm thinking 10/15 mins she should be ok? Haven't tried yet just want to be prepared.

Thanks

For anxiety at night time, I think I'd just try to reassure her with words. Or maybe try her out of the crate so you can put your hand on her to reassure her. Or could her bladder be uncomfortable? It might be worth taking her into the garden on lead to see if she wants to toilet. Be really low-key though, with just a word of praise for toileting, then straight back into bed.

Or, you could see if she settles with a nightlight, or with some of your clothing that you've worn for a while so it smells of you.
If she's uncomfortable I take her out to the toilet but sometimes she's just being fussy and unsettled which is fine.

Can anyone tell me how long after being on chicken and rice and eggs can I start introducing her food again slowly?

Thanks

she is gorgeous :) I really like the saluki breed , beautiful!

Can anyone tell me how long after being on chicken and rice and eggs can I start introducing her food again slowly?

I don't know the answer, but I'd wait till she's had a few days of reliable poos, so if there is a change you can be pretty sure it's food related.

Salukis are very different to your typical dog. They are more like cats, and it's important to be aware of this when training - just imagine what a cat would think of being asked to sit, down, give paw, etc!

As Judy says a few days solids poops , if not then her normal food goes in and out quicker than a Ferrari! Vrooooom

Stephhoney, I’m no expert on new routines but lots on here are,, my posts are true on my dogs the last 35 years and I’m old school, so as I speak truth on my dogs lives I don’t say I know everything but some on here have advice more to the point which I follow and accept but not always agree, my saluki x was still a joy to own and did settle to a point he was so relaxed and not bothered on anything or anybody, 16 years of joy for all who new him,

Stephhoney, I’m no expert on new routines but lots on here are,, my posts are true on my dogs the last 35 years and I’m old school, so as I speak truth on my dogs lives I don’t say I know everything but some on here have advice more to the point which I follow and accept but not always agree, my saluki x was still a joy to own and did settle to a point he was so relaxed and not bothered on anything or anybody, 16 years of joy for all who new him,

Thank you for your reply! So far she is a lovely pup, very nice to people and chilled out I would say. Thanks for the advice ☺️

Another question... She keeps trying to eat her number 2's. I know dogs do gross things lol but really her own?? How do I get her to stop doing this. I am outside with her when she uses the toilet so I stop her most of the time but she's very fast.

Thank you for your reply! So far she is a lovely pup, very nice to people and chilled out I would say. Thanks for the advice ☺️

Another question... She keeps trying to eat her number 2's. I know dogs do gross things lol but really her own?? How do I get her to stop doing this. I am outside with her when she uses the toilet so I stop her most of the time but she's very fast.
Someone I know swears by a dessert spoonful of live natural yoghurt daily to prevent this. There are people who say the bacteria can't get to the gut alive and do any good but it certainly seems to work for some people and it can't do any harm.

Also, try not to make a fuss as that can become part of the fun for her.

Someone I know swears by a dessert spoonful of live natural yoghurt daily to prevent this. There are people who say the bacteria can't get to the gut alive and do any good but it certainly seems to work for some people and it can't do any harm.

Also, try not to make a fuss as that can become part of the fun for her.
Will look into this, thank you!

Never had a dog that did that so I wouldn’t know what to do, So leave that for others to comment,

Your pup is a real beauty, (sorry just catching up!).. and have to agree with lurcherman, I reckon she'll be keeping you on your toes looking into those eyes!!.. lovely, enjoy!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back