The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy bursa — 5 week old staffy

noodles55

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

I have a deposit on a 5 week old staffy puppy that's developed an inflamed bursa in one of its legs. A vet has said it's common in growth and treated it with antibiotics but should this be a concern for its long-term health? I'm worried it could be something that'll come back again and again.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'd be concerned that it would be excluded from your insurance as a pre-existing conditioned.

Would it be recorded before the puppy’s been microchipped and is only 5 weeks old?

I'm suprised the vet said this was normal as I have fostered dozens of pups and never heard of this in such a young pup ...I would want tospeak the vet myself before I took pup home as it could be an underlying problem....;)

I would speak to the vet whom treated the pup....I would have thought it would have been treated with anti inflammatory medications rather than antibiotics in such a young pup ...I would also ask my own vet as I would think it was unusual in such a young pup ...
We rescued a dog with a umbilical hernia which needed repairing a year after we adopted him and our insurance Petplan paid out ...I think it depends on what information your vet gives...good luck ..;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back