The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Diarrhea & Sickness

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thanks both. Meant to say I am in no rush and will let things settle before changing. I have also ordered a food sensitivity and intolerance kit and want to see what those results are before deciding.

With his past problem I would find a high quality wet food rather than kibble ...glad things are improving
Any recommendations. He has tried AVA before and it does not agree with him

Can I ask what food sensitivity and intolerance kit you've ordered, please? Call me sceptical, but having had a quick look online some smell strongly of snake oil...

They claim to use bioresonance... Have a read of what Wikipedia say about bioresonance: Energy medicine - Wikipedia

They use a 'quantum physics machine' :confused: Sorry, but I think it's as likely to work as the X-ray specs advertised in the Superman comics I read as a child. Please, please take any results with a HUGE pinch of salt.

I should have said the vet thinks the throwing up could be acid reflux and feeding him an additional small meal before bed has helped. His temp was ok ish yesterday - just slightly raised which she thinks was stress of the vets visit. It’s mainly the tummy that’s the issue but thought it best to mention the other bits. They do affiliate with RC but don’t rate it myself albeit I am not sure I rate Chappie either, obviously we want to put the needs of him first but the whole op has cost £13k and he is only insured for £10k therefore I feel bad saying it but money is tight as they have not paid out yet!
Only have experience of the acid reflux. My dog has acid reflux sometimes. Would always be first thing in the morning. I had googled as not every day. I give him a meal before bed , protein based as apparently stays in the digestive system longer. I also entice vhim to have a little food as soon as he wakes, not easy so i have to make it yummy, just to get absorbing the stomach acids. This has helped a great deal.

Oops I may be putting my replies in the wrong bit, just started using this site, so sorry If this is so.

Only have experience of the acid reflux. My dog has acid reflux sometimes. Would always be first thing in the morning. I had googled as not every day. I give him a meal before bed , protein based as apparently stays in the digestive system longer. I also entice vhim to have a little food as soon as he wakes, not easy so i have to make it yummy, just to get absorbing the stomach acids. This has helped a great deal.
Thanks for that. Interesting that you say protein. Freddie is still on chicken and rice and that has been what he has eaten last thing - acid reflux has been worse so was thinking of just giving him chicken tonight. Won’t be on it for much longer as he is not getting all the correct nutrients so hoping the transition off will help too. Just out of interest what have you been feeding last thing?

Thanks for that. Interesting that you say protein. Freddie is still on chicken and rice and that has been what he has eaten last thing - acid reflux has been worse so was thinking of just giving him chicken tonight. Won’t be on it for much longer as he is not getting all the correct nutrients so hoping the transition off will help too. Just out of interest what have you been feeding last thing?
Half a sardine with some kibbles and a liitle chappie. I know Chappie is not greatest nutritionally but certainly easy on his tummy. So far for us this has made a huge difference. Tonight it will be the above with chicken, not sardines. For several days this will be the same. I think i said in other message, i am also managing to get something in his stomach first thing, its nit massive as he doesn't wake up dreaming of food, that has also made big difference. Then i do something with carbs, to speed it into gut.

Half a sardine with some kibbles and a liitle chappie. I know Chappie is not greatest nutritionally but certainly easy on his tummy. So far for us this has made a huge difference. Tonight it will be the above with chicken, not sardines. For several days this will be the same. I think i said in other message, i am also managing to get something in his stomach first thing, its nit massive as he doesn't wake up dreaming of food, that has also made big difference. Then i do something with carbs, to speed it into gut.
I should also say, he is a fairly large dog and still growing, with reference to sardine/ food quantity.

Does anybody know in weight how much chicken and rice I should feed a 9kilo puppy per day? It seems to be working with the diarrhoea - i do need to wean him off but a bit worried I am now over feeding him as he is starting to do quite big poos!

Hi (again) will try and keep this brief. Pup is 8.5 months old - about 8 weeks ago he had an op to remove a partial blockage he has since been on Royal Canin wet food 4 times a day. When we started to wean him off onto AVA kibble he started to throw up in the morning. Vet said to put back onto RC and wait a few more weeks (I should mention that he took longer than most to recover from op due to pain and diarrhoea) Last week he started to throw up again and we saw the vet again - he had a temperature and some diarrhoea the same day she gave him some prokalin to firm things up and something to calm the guts. He has since had more diarrhoea every time he goes and has thrown up once more. Vet said use probiotics and gave us fibre supplement. He doesn’t rush to eat his brekkie but otherwise eats ok and is fine and happy otherwise. They are going to do one more blood test as he has had every other available. Vet doesn’t think it’s food related but I am beginning to wonder and tempted to try Chappie as so many people have recommended it ( inc the vet nurse but not the vet) just wondered if anybody has had a similar experience? Any words of wisdom? So worried and the vet is stumped! Thanks
Bless you - such a worry. I would try a bland menu for a few days rice with chicken and peas works for my pup. I was advised to add some of the rice water too.
I usually pop few carrots in whilst boiled too as she likes carrots. This worked to settle my pups tummy and then gradually added some kibble over a couple of days until back on full kibble.
I’m no expert just sharing an experience. I wish you best of luck and hope your pup starts to mend x

Bless you - such a worry. I would try a bland menu for a few days rice with chicken and peas works for my pup. I was advised to add some of the rice water too.
I usually pop few carrots in whilst boiled too as she likes carrots. This worked to settle my pups tummy and then gradually added some kibble over a couple of days until back on full kibble.
I’m no expert just sharing an experience. I wish you best of luck and hope your pup starts to mend x

Ah thanks. He has been on chicken and rice for a while now and starting to transfer over to a new diet (very very slowly) so far so good! Second time of trying.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back