The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy fur

Michelle1982

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My cavapoo puppy is just over 4 months old but his fur is quite scruffy looking and uneven in some places but the groomer said they don't want to a full groom for his first time. Will his fur always look like this or will it change as he gets older?

Attachments

• 20230817_172614.jpg
    20230817_172614.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
With a crossbreed you can't really know what sort of coat will develop. If you have a good groomer, let them guide you.

Hi Michelle1982 my Crestepoo is also 4 months old. I took him to his first puppy class this week and all the other pups had been groomed but I can only imagine that would be a bath, scissor trim to tidy up the edges. My Ted looked a proper scruffbag by comparison!! I've only been trimming my pup's under eye fur and around his feet with scissors.
I think it's important to keep their puppy fur until their adult coat comes through naturally - between 9 months and 12 months. If your pup's fur is patchy I'm sure when his adult coat comes through it won't be but maybe others on here have had similar experiences.

My cavapoo puppy is just over 4 months old but his fur is quite scruffy looking and uneven in some places but the groomer said they don't want to a full groom for his first time. Will his fur always look like this or will it change as he gets older?
I think he looks wonderful. A smashing chap.

I think he looks wonderful. A smashing chap.
Totally agree with this, what a handsome fellow he is!

I've only been trimming my pup's under eye fur
Interesting you mention this. My dog Rusty has long strands of fur in front of both eyes, it must get in the way for him. We've been thinking about what can be done, if anything, as he wriggles a lot when we attend to his face to remove things like bits of grass or muck from the corner of his eyes. Getting in this area with scissors or a trimmer would be exceptionally hazardous for him so I'd be interested in any advice!

@Michelle1982 - hope you don't mind me asking this in your thread!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back