The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Help

richyf

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello there, just found these boards and am wondering if anyone can help with my question.

we recently bought our 2nd husky. he is now 9weeks old and we have had him for 1 week.

i am worried about him as he has had diahorrea since we got him and it hasnt stopped. it seems he is pooing more than he is eating and im not sure whether this is normal for a puppy of his age.

if anyone can give me any advice i would be very grateful. thankyou

you should really get him to vets- watch out for watery faeces, or any blood, symptoms of parvovirus.

it may just be that a dramatic change in diet has occurred?

goodluck :luck:

That much diarreah means he is very likely getting dehydrated, and this is very very dangerous for a pup. You really do need to get him to a vet asap in order to find a cause, and at the very least get him re-hydrated.

Wendy

It isn't normal, so you really do need to get the pup to the vet asap. Hope he gets better soon. :luck: :luck:

Hi, I agree, after a week he does need to see a vet. I just wondered if you changed his food when you brought him home. That and the shock of leaving mum can cause the problems you are having, but as said, a week is too long.

Hope things are soon settled.

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

Would'nt panic too much, have you had a word with the breeder? :b

If he is eating and drinking ok, thats fine, I'd just get him a wee check at the vet to make sure there's nothing needing attention if you are genuinely worried.

??????????????????????????????, dont do this :( Hows he doing :sweating:

You are getting some good advice here. :thumbsup:

Good luck. :luck:

Any news? :unsure:

i have a husky myself and found a lot of them have sensetive stomaches , especially as pups ,, i put mine on a gluten and wheat free diet , james welbeloved / davies ranger etc but now she is older she can eat what she wants , a trip to the vets wouldt go amiss to rule out other things and prehaps some live yoghurt or yakult to help seetle the little ones tum ,, good luck :luck:

I have a friend who has been breeding & showing Siberian's for a long time now,and I do know that they have extremely sensitive tummys :(

but having said that a week with severe diahorrea is a long time for such a young puppy. I think that you should speak to the breeder to find out what the pup's feeding regime was & what it was being fed,this info should've really been given to you when you bought the pup :b and also get along to the vets for a check up just to make sure he/she is o.k & it's nothing serious :eek:

The main thing is with the amount of diahorrea being dispelled :x is the pup still drinking plenty of water to replace lost fluids :thumbsup:

Also don't want to seem like I'm stating the obvious here,but stay away from cow's milk as it tends to go thru dogs like the proverbial :b When you get it stablised try giving scrambled egg or plain boiled rice it's VERY good for stiffing them up again. :D

Keep us posted & hope the pups better soon :p :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back