The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Help

jcbsew

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All

I posted last week about our 10 month Jack Russell/Whippet cross well a few days on and we are having a few teething problems and I was wondering if anyone has any advice! She is settling okay with our two Greyhounds but she isn't properly house trained and has started ripping wallpaper off! The house training is an ongoing issue which I feel like we are muddling through - we will get out the other end I'm sure ! Probably alot of kitchen roll lighter! However the wallpaper riping thing I'm not sure how to handle ? We have some puppy training spray - has anyone tried it? Or does anyone have any other ideas? She has a couple of toys to play with too but these don't seem to be working and I'm not sure if its an anxiety thing as she has only done it when we are at work! Help!

Thank You

Jen

ps I'm gonna try and get pictures of all three on here as soon as I work out how! Thats hubby's job!

Hi Jen

The anti chew spray is quite good but if one doesn't work try another kind as some are better than others.

we tried one with our last litter and they just licked it off so tried another brand and it worked a treat at stopping them chew the carpet around the radiator pipe.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Any young'uns I have had never went for wallpaper o:) Probably 'cos they had no time off from rounding off the corners of tables with their teeth :oops:

I'm no fan of these crate things, but i suppose I've used a similar thing by leaving them in a small enclosed space when I could'nt supervise them when out, so any damage would be kept to a minimum (to themselves as well-'cos my imagination of chewing through cables etc.,runs riot), so is there anywhere you could leave her where damage limitation could be employed? Even if its a little lobby or something with no paper/just painted walls? Have you tried one of these toys that you hide food in for them to work out how to get into? Heard some folk have good results with them.

They do get through it...hopefully when you've some house left in time to enjoy them :lol:

Let us know how you get on. Look forward to some photos :thumbsup:

Well fingers crossed there was no chewing today with the spray! I feel as though I have 2 teenage children and have just had a baby! Poppy is winding Daisy up something chronic and I feel so guilty having disrupted Billy and Daisy they just keep looking at me as though I have turned their world upside down! I know things will settle down but we are in that awful 'not sure' stage at the moment.

Ah well these are the things we have to live with :)

jcbsew said:
Well fingers crossed there was no chewing today with the spray! I feel as though I have 2 teenage children and have just had a baby! Poppy is winding Daisy up something chronic and I feel so guilty having disrupted Billy and Daisy they just keep looking at me as though I have turned their world upside down! I know things will settle down but we are in that awful 'not sure' stage at the moment. Ah well these are the things we have to live with  :)

ive worked in rescue a long time and this sounds a typical settling in thing .

just be firm but fair , let her know whats right and what isnt and this should solve any fears etc she may have and she can chill out and just be a dog !!

the best method of house training is to go into the garden with her and praise her like mad when she peforms outside . never tell her off for doing it inside , if you catch her doing it , say no , get her to follow you outside and praise her when she finishes off outside ,, the best of luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

im sure you will all be fine in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back