The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy ID help, please.

Harry12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hey guys,

Just bought this little guy from somebody today as they couldn't look after him.

We've been told he's circa 16 weeks old.

We now have 4 Dogs with this fella.

Can anybody please help ID the breed?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20240102_160814.jpg
    20240102_160814.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG-20240102-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20240102-WA0021.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 61
Worryingly, he looks rather like an XL bully. What did the sellers tell you about his parentage?

That was my thought too - are you in the UK @Harry12 ? If so, Which country?

Hello Judy,

Many thanks for the reply.

We were told that he's a American Bully and is 16 to 18 week old, and this is the information we've received from the owner who bought it from the breeder.

I'm aware there's new laws in place (or imminent) regarding XL Bullies, so if this puppy is one, how do we stand as we plan on visiting the vets for a regular checkup soon.

Many thanks again.

That was my thought too - are you in the UK @Harry12 ? If so, Which country?

Hello Joanne,

We're in England, UK.

We plan on visiting a vet soon for a regular checkup, and was actually told he's an "American Bully" - so fingers crossed, he's not an XL Bullie.

Cheers again for the reply & links, Joanne.

As we only have a Puppy, it's difficult to match most of the characteristics/statistics of an XL Bully on the link to what we have, as the pup isn't adult yet - therefore not fully formed & mature.

I think I'm at the stage where I'm just going to have to hope for the best on our visit to the vets.

I just hope he doesn't get seized.

We certainly have the money to purchase public liability insurance, neutering, exemption certificate, etc'.

I think there are different rules in for pups..giving you longer to neuter etc ...it maybe worth talking to your local dog warden ....
He is gorgeous :D

Hello guys,

It's been a couple of months since I made this post, and here he is now & pretty big.

His appetite is crazy, he's great around our other dogs, and great around the Children.

Attachments

• 14640ce08f97dc2f624a171b8b9dfbcf1a4999b006f69c6e64a38ace420b4f4c - instasize.jpg
    14640ce08f97dc2f624a171b8b9dfbcf1a4999b006f69c6e64a38ace420b4f4c - instasize.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 33
  • c350f9376d91f7d570da690a4b0f1358ef89d01510b7d049bd3c1221c871b510 - instasize.jpg
    c350f9376d91f7d570da690a4b0f1358ef89d01510b7d049bd3c1221c871b510 - instasize.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 33
Gorgeous pup :) Did you come to a conclusion about what breed he is?

Gorgeous pup :) Did you come to a conclusion about what breed he is?
The vet in conjunction with cross referencing various Google images suggests he's a bully breed (XL).

He's currently estimated to be just over 5 months old, weights around 15Kg, and we notice him growing daily at the moment - so think he may end up around 40+ Kg.

To cover ourselves, he was exempted, has insurance, and we plan on having him neutered in the next few months.

He's a great addition to the family but very dominant with our other 3 bitches (2 x Amstaff, and 1 x Staffordshire Bull).

He can also jump over a 3 foot baby gate with ease from a standstill without running. 😂

Take care when castrating him and not to do it too early. He is a lovely puppy, have his ears been cropped too?

You have until dec 24 to get him neutered...I definitely wouldn't until he is at least one year old ...I know you don't have a choice in neutering but at least they are letting people wait until at least one year old ...
@excuseme his ears arent cropped he holds them right 😀on top of his head 😚

Oh, ok thank you, so is that typical of the Bully XL ?

To cover ourselves, he was exempted, has insurance, and we plan on having him neutered in the next few months.
I think that's wise (with agreement on holding back on neutering until he is mature).

Can I also suggest you get involved in something like the Canine Good Citizen training programme, so nobody ever has any occasion to question his manners.

The vet in conjunction with cross referencing various Google images suggests he's a bully breed (XL).

He's currently estimated to be just over 5 months old, weights around 15Kg, and we notice him growing daily at the moment - so think he may end up around 40+ Kg.

He's a great addition to the family but very dominant with our other 3 bitches (2 x Amstaff, and 1 x Staffordshire Bull).

He can also jump over a 3 foot baby gate with ease from a standstill without running. 😂
Hi Harry, I noticed in your post that you have American staffies too. I’m in the process of trying to bring my two Amstaff X dogs in to the UK from Australia but reading a lot of conflicting info about the breed being banned or that they might fall into the Pitbull type. Are you able to enlighten me at all? Sorry to drop this unrelated post in here! Cheers

the simple answer is ask the people you got him from for the address/contact details of the breeder..
was he chipped when you got him if so the details of breed will be on it

Hi Harry, I noticed in your post that you have American staffies too. I’m in the process of trying to bring my two Amstaff X dogs in to the UK from Australia but reading a lot of conflicting info about the breed being banned or that they might fall into the Pitbull type. Are you able to enlighten me at all? Sorry to drop this unrelated post in here! Cheers
Have a look at the links in post #6, they should help answer your questions.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back