The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy toilet troubles!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Have a look at All About Dog Food.co.uk You can put in your dog's details and it will list suitable foods, with star ratings. I'd definitely go for grain-free.

Some people get a separate freezer for raw food which is an option if you have the space. Otherwise, it could be a case of finding a stockist close to you so you can buy it weekly rather than putting in a big order once a month. Or you could use meat from a supermarket (which may be a bit more faff). Of course, how much space you need will depend on the size of the dog, so feeding a small dog with limited space will be much easier than a large dog.

@JoanneF, I knew that by the time I pressed 'submit' you'd have come along and posted!!

Although we feed raw meat I always keep a small bag of grain free kibble for emergencies and the beating season!
I use Millies Wolfheart for mid way snack when were out beating and we stop for lunch. , "Forerunner" it's their lowest protein, the girls poo's don't change at all, they remain as firm as if they had eaten a raw snack. You don't need much!
Online ordering, delivery included in their prices.
A good alternative. (if you must). I do not mean that to sound rude!

Last edited:
We really don't have much freezer space as a family so I worry about raw feed not being suitable for us but if it's best for our dog then we'll have to make it work it somehow. We've been concerned over the quality of complete dog food for the reasons mentioned above, that it's mostly filler and rubbish. The vet told us to switch to James Wellbeloved Grain Free the first time but it didn't help and he's now on Wainwrights but as I say it seems not to be helping either. My husband would rather we tried a better quality complete as a last try before we look at raw feeding. Would grain free be best? Any ingredients to avoid/try for firming up poos or to help sensitive stomachs?
You could try sprinkling some activated charcoal granules on his food. This helped my pup when she had problems. Don’t use it for too long because it can interfere with the absorption of vitamins.

You could try slippery elm bark. ..i keep a batch in and sprinkle on their food if they get upset tums

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back