The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy With A Sore Leg

Jo Whelan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( Hello there!

Our 15 week old puppy hurt his leg playing with his ball, we took him to the vet and thankfully it was not broken, its been a week now and he still hobbling around on three legs, we`re not sure if because it hurt so much at the time, he`s now scared to put any weight on it, although he does use that leg to hold dpwn his toys. Is this normal and is there anything we can do to encourage him to put his leg down?....any suggestions would be very grateful as we are really worried about the little fella.

hope the leg gets better soon :luck: do you think you could put a pic on of him i would love to see a pic :thumbsup:

Jo Whelan said:
:(   Hello there!       Our 15 week old puppy hurt his leg playing with his ball, we took him to the vet and thankfully it was not broken, its been a week now and he still hobbling around on three legs, we`re not sure if because it hurt so much at the time, he`s now scared to put any weight on it, although he does use that leg to hold dpwn his toys. Is this normal and is there anything we can do to encourage him to put his leg down?....any suggestions would be very grateful as we are really worried about the little fella.

:oops: This is the first time on this site, so bare with me, and once i learn how to put a picture on, then i`ll be able to show you all my cute little French Bulldog :b

hope his leg gets better soon!

mabey you should try posting in general dog realated discuaaion you might get more replies there :thumbsup:

keep us posted

I would take him back to the vet as I would expect some improvment in a week. Have you been resting him? I know that's difficult but I mean only taking him for 'comfort breaks', not letting him run or play ball. Hope you see some improvement soon. :luck:

Jo Whelan said:
:(   Hello there!       Our 15 week old puppy hurt his leg playing with his ball, we took him to the vet and thankfully it was not broken, its been a week now and he still hobbling around on three legs, we`re not sure if because it hurt so much at the time, he`s now scared to put any weight on it, although he does use that leg to hold dpwn his toys. Is this normal and is there anything we can do to encourage him to put his leg down?....any suggestions would be very grateful as we are really worried about the little fella.

Here is the thread is started when Bean hurt her paw, the first week we got her

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....topic=17848&hl=

Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:
:(   Hello there!        Our 15 week old puppy hurt his leg playing with his ball, we took him to the vet and thankfully it was not broken, its been a week now and he still hobbling around on three legs, we`re not sure if because it hurt so much at the time, he`s now scared to put any weight on it, although he does use that leg to hold dpwn his toys. Is this normal and is there anything we can do to encourage him to put his leg down?....any suggestions would be very grateful as we are really worried about the little fella.

Jo Whelan said:
Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:
:(   Hello there!        Our 15 week old puppy hurt his leg playing with his ball, we took him to the vet and thankfully it was not broken, its been a week now and he still hobbling around on three legs, we`re not sure if because it hurt so much at the time, he`s now scared to put any weight on it, although he does use that leg to hold dpwn his toys. Is this normal and is there anything we can do to encourage him to put his leg down?....any suggestions would be very grateful as we are really worried about the little fella.

:cheers: Thanks for that, its made me feel alot better, day by day he`s using his leg more and more.......but we too think he`s milking it abit, especially when he manages to get to his water bowl ok, but when it comes to feeded, it just so happens that he can`t make it to the bowl, and wants us to hand feed him instead!!

If he`s not better by next week though, we are going to take him back to the vet, even though they were asking £400 for an xray!! (w00t)

Jo Whelan said:
Jo Whelan said:
Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:

:cheers: Thanks for that, its made me feel alot better, day by day he`s using his leg more and more.......but we too think he`s milking it abit, especially when he manages to get to his water bowl ok, but when it comes to feeded, it just so happens that he can`t make it to the bowl, and wants us to hand feed him instead!!

If he`s not better by next week though, we are going to take him back to the vet, even though they were asking £400 for an xray!! (w00t)

If you look back at my posts i was worried sick, i thought the kids had broke her in the first week (w00t)

I was posting lots (and pissing peoples off i think :oops: ) cause i was so worried, in the end she just stopped limping.

It too a few weeks, but shes fine now :wub:

Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:
Jo Whelan said:
Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:

Yep thats what we`re guessing a few weeks!! thanks for that, and have a gtreat weekend :p

If you look back at my posts i was worried sick, i thought the kids had broke her in the first week (w00t)

I was posting lots (and pissing peoples off i think :oops: ) cause i was so worried, in the end she just stopped limping.

Jo Whelan said:
Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:
Jo Whelan said:
Kim and Tilly said:
Jo Whelan said:

Yep thats what we`re guessing a few weeks!! thanks for that, and have a gtreat weekend :p

:oops: i didnt mean you were pissing people off :- " just me sorry :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back