The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

R.i.p. Batley

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm so sorry to hear about Batley. :( You and your friend must be devestated. :huggles: :huggles:

Finally had the heart to read this thread :( RIP Bately.

The bulbs seem a really lovely idea :thumbsup:

Beejay has summed it up in so well in her comment.

Personally think they are such a cheery flower, very symbolic of regeneration. Light and growth coming from bleak, cold darkness.

gosh, you are doing very well, going to see the spot - very painful -and planning the daffodils. a lovely idea. so you had two years of lovely batley and batley had two lovely years with you. :wub:

when my cat harvey got run over and killed, we buried him in the back garden and put a big stone on his burial spot . his sister used to go and sit on the stone each day. she surely knew he was there. I still miss him now...26 years later! but mainly I think of what a lovely cat he was with his long white tail and how he'd stick his head far too far into the fridge when I opened it, and one day he stuck his head right in and opened his jaws as wide as they would go and he grabbed the roast chicken and sprinted off down the hall with it....

my children love the stories of harvey and even have photos of him on their bedroom walls, despite the fact he died so long ago. but he is a pet legend! astonishingly, he was less than one year old when he got killed.

I cried and cried, the shock was awful. It was the first time I'd really first hand experienced life being utterly out of my control.

So I really sympathise, as does everyone here. Batley sounds a real jewel of a cat, and so very pretty and lovely. sending a big hug. xxxx

That's terrible news, poor Batley & poor you. He was such a handsome chap.

I think planting daffodils is an excellent idea! Maybe some other bulbs as well?

Big hug from me.

RIP Batley.

We bought some mimi daffs at weekend & planted them in the park. They were almost ready to flower. Today we walked past the spot & they've gone!!!!

Now maybe squirrels have eaten them or maybe some :rant: couldn't afford the £1.50 to buy their own.

I hope it was the squirrels, my faith in human nature is fading fast :(

Not going to plant any more as it will get a bit expensive if they keep vanishing so we'll put something in the garden instead where Batley is buried :wub:

So sorry to read about this, losing a pet is unbearable in any circumstances but this must have been particularly traumatic for you. The daffs must have been the last straw :( Snow drops are nice, less conspicuous to the light-fingered, there are plenty in the woods here that the squirrels leave well alone; have another go at planting the bulbs in the autumn. That's a lovely photo of him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
awh, :( , i just read this there now, that is very sad, i really do feel fo ya! :(

we moved house about 7/8 years ago and we had a black cat called 'Tom' we had had him for about 3 years b4 we moved, but wen we moved we had him for 2 more years then sadly he got knocked down on the road beside our house! :( he was 5 wen he died! my whole family was very sad! :(

and then misteriously last august roughly 5 years on we went out into are garden too find a wee 3 week old black boy kitten siting in beside our plants! :blink:

well know one knew were he came from and no one had claimed him so we decided to keep him, we decided to call him 'Thomas' he is now 6 mths old, and honestly its just like having Tom back! weird or wat! eh?? :blink: :unsure:

Here is a wee pic of 'Thomas' on his favourite hang out spot! LOL :- "

Thomas.JPG

Can't believe someone would nick your daffs JT :rant: what is the matter with people? Snowdrops sound like a good idea or something that won't show up for a while. I planted a nice miniature flowering shrub in a pot over where my Gizzy is buried. Can't remember the name atm but sure you will find something nice for Batley.

Wee Thomas looks very sweet & probably full of mischief! :))

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas looks just like Bat did when he was a kitten. We called him Bat cos when he was tiny he would cling on to us just like a bat. He was one of a litter of 4 orphans that I hand reared, the smallest one died at about 3 weeks and at 5 weeks he almost went the same way. I rushed him to the vet & it was touch & go for a couple of days but he made it. We decided after all that to keep him. the vet asked his name & I said, Batley, vet said "after the town in Yorkshire?" I said, "No, after the Cash & Carry in Salford"

This is really helping me to come to terms with what has happened as if I talk to people about it I just start snivelling again & that doesn't matter here cos you can't see me. Thanks all for listening!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back