The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

R I p jasper

oakmoorehill

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On sunday morning my first and oldest whippet went to rainbow bridge.

On saturday night he was fine he went out for a last wee with the other whippets then had his bed time biscuit as normal and went into his crate with his best friend Freyja. At 4.30am I got up to feed them as normal, I start work at 5.30am on a week day so tend to feed them at more or less the same time at the weekends then go back to bed but on Sunday I found Jasper had left us for the bridge he was curled up with Freyja just as if he was asleep. So by 5.30 I was dressed and digging a hole in the garden to bury him along side Tegan who went to the bridge last year.

Jasper was 13 1/2 years old and came to us 13 years ago he was the last of the litter and came running in when we went to see him jumped on my OH's knee and pee'd on him. OH said immediately we have to take him home now and so he started the long line of whippets in our family. He was not really a show dog but he started both myself and my son showing. He was the laziest whippet ever he never ran unless there was someting in it for him and as for catching a rabbit well dinner was something that was put on front of him in a dish not something you had to catch for yourself.

Sleep tight sweet Jasper miss you so much already run free at the bridge untill we meet again be safe with Tegan and William.

Sounds like a peaceful parting after spending good 13 years with you. May he rest in peace!

I know you will miss him but he went to bed with a biscuit, curled up with his best friend remembering love and warmth and comfort. No needles or smelly vet surgeries, no stress or upset. I sincerely hope all my beautiful hounds (and cats) go in the same peaceful and perfect way. Rest in Peace lovely lad.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back