The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Igs

REMI

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone know if there is organised racing of Italian Greyhounds in Australia, well Victoria in particular? Can they race against the smaller whippets? Julie

I should think that they are strong enough to race with their own kind, mine bomb about and race around as if they were the 'real' thing!

I wouldn't want to race them against whippets though, the same as I wouldn't want to race my whippets against a greyhound, unless of course they are very similar in size/weight

Good luck in finding some iggies to race against :luck:

Thank heavens!! at last someone has replied. Thank you. It is just a thought. Of course I would only want to compete against Iggies or small whippets. My sister has a bunch of whippets and is a very enthusiastic racer. Just thought it might be fun. I shall keep looking. Julie

My oldest Iggy, Tsarina loved running on the racetrack. We used to let her have a run when they were training. She only had to see the track and then went all crazy. She never entered a real race as she is small compared to the other Igs and was allways half a round behind them. :( But she allways finished her run and was allways very happy when she also got a chance to dig her teeth in the lure. (w00t) I loved to see her have so much fun. But she's a bit too old now.

We've been to a race for greyhounds, whippets and italian greyhounds. We don't race with our whippet, we just wanted to see such a race for once..

Over here in Belgium Igs don't race together with whippets. It's every breed apart from each other.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back