The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Names

phil

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this months w/news i noticed the time trial at horden was won by a dog called black magic , is this dog a non pedigree racing whippet and if so is it registered with b.w.r.a. , its just i have a bitch registeredwith b.w.r.a. and n.w.r.f called black magic, she is 7 years old and still racing , is thre something in our rules that once a dog gets to a certain age they can duplicate a racing name, it may even be a misprint can anyone shed some light on this subject. phil

not sure how it works with non k.c. reg, but for k.c. names arent allowed to be re-used. this is why, when a litter is registered, you are asked to give 2 names.. the 1 you want, and a spare, just in case 1st choice has already been used by another breeder. hope that helps :thumbsup:

i cud b wrong but maybe its not registered i know of another one called black magic but it just used to race at the club handicaps

Last edited by a moderator:
hi sherry, i think this was an additional open so would the dog need to be regestered to run. phil

phil, No other dog can race with this name if yours has already been registered by the two groups, well race under that name with the groups you mentioned.

phil said:
hi sherry, i think this was an additional open so would the dog need to be regestered to run. phil
no i dont think it wud need 2 be reg 4 an additional open so its prob a dog that only runs at the local handicap.

sherry said:
phil said:
no i dont think it wud need 2 be reg 4 an additional open so its prob a dog that only runs at the local handicap.

Think you are right Carole I dont think the dog is registered with that name, it only club races, John doesnt run it in opens

john m said:
phil, No other dog can race with this name if yours has already been registered by the two groups, well race under that name with the groups you mentioned.
hi john , i take it you dont run your dog often under black magic , to be honest i dont really mind its just that it could be confusing when it comes to top ten and breeding, i hope you get pleasure and success with your dog . phil

phil said:
john m said:
hi john , i take it you dont run your dog often under black magic , to be honest i dont really mind its just that it could be confusing when it comes to top ten and breeding, i hope you get pleasure and success with your dog . phil

Hiya Phil, it aint my dog, i was just stateing that once a dog had been registered at the BWRA or FED then no one else can register that name again with those two groups. Some dogs did indeed have two names to run under in the olden days as they were allowed one by one group but not the other group, all gets confussing at times but best of luck to Black magic one and two,

sorry john ,thought the dog was yours maybe take it up with b.w.r.a. to find out whats happend ,still this is only minor compared to the headache they must have to find suitable ground for champs,if anyone from b.w.r.a. comitee use k9 please contact me.

phil said:
sorry john ,thought the dog was yours maybe take it up with b.w.r.a. to find out whats happend ,still this is only minor compared to the headache they must have to find suitable ground for champs,if anyone from b.w.r.a. comitee use k9 please contact me.
this a club dog which runs usually at dawdon and other local clubs shame as it is a good dog

oxosmith said:
phil said:
this a club dog which runs usually at dawdon and other local clubs shame as it is a good dog

hi oxosmith, phil here i dont understand your reply i am not stopping this dog from running, infact i would be pleased to see it become a top class dog , i am not sure if i know you or not, but if you saw another dog running under your dogs name would you not be inquisitive where is the shame in that. phil

phil said:
oxosmith said:
phil said:

hi oxosmith, phil here i dont understand your reply i am not stopping this dog from running, infact i would be pleased to see it become a top class dog , i am not sure if i know you or not, but if you saw another dog running under your dogs name would you not be inquisitive where is the shame in that. phil

there is no shame in it we have a bitch solo and i know there is another dog running under the same name but must be a club dog and that is what i was saying in my reply it is a club dog and the shame is that the man does not travel with it as it runs well

carrol&podge

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back