The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Racing Today At Thurrock

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
There was a low turn out today as most racers were at Ockendon on the bends early in the morning, but we still had some good racing. Sing For Me looked impressive, as did OB2 and Seven Eleven who had both trialled on the bends earlier in the day.

Around the bends at Ockendon Gary Farmers charges are all looking impressive (I dunno how he handles so many dogs), Morpheous (Burt Madgewick) ran well as did Sarah's Seven Eleven...

I'm confident the SE WRC will be well represented next week at Stainforth.

See you all there.

Paul

yeah stainforth had a good show from the south 3 dogs in final and runner up sup and vet sup yeah we done well good luck to for this weekend another long drive but its worth it for the good company. 8)

'Good Company' ? Who we talking about :)) Anyway's Tone good luck in the North West tomorrow, I really wanted to go, but the fella needs a rest.

Tom and Bill are going with Rusty Fox, Silver Lady and In Dreams, hope they have good day...

Paul

well paul one of our own club dogs done the bussines for us by getting sup and 2 for one third in final as well so not a bad day for the south and club. see you soon by the way blue blew it by cutting a nail but should be ok for warwick next week.

Hello Tony/ Paul its keeley is there any club racing this week?

Sorry Keeley, there wasn't today...most were at Warwick, but I understand there will be staight racing next Sunday, I will confirm later in the week.

Paul

Racing took place at Thurrock today 4 December for our yearly Christmas Hamper event plus trialing :-

Gary Farmer was there trialing his pups after his seven hour journey to Easington on Saturday (how,s that for dedication).

Although Paul Houghton isn,t quite well enough to participate yet Tom Byrnes kindly brought Paul's young 9-1/2 month old pup to the club who is half brother to Red Reign and he certainly looks as though he could have another winner on his hands, which along with his beautiful baby girl should be a terrific tonic to him.

A good turn out of dogs made for a good meeting with racing being run in 4lb weight groups :-

20lb She's a Gem pup (Gem's Lad x Swift Gem) 16lb 2nd Mick's Gem 3rd pup Hot Rod 17lb (Gem's Lad x Swift Gem) 24lb Spirit of the Stag 2nd Over the Moon 3rd Raving Rooney's Gem 28lb Gem's Lad ht. wnr O.B.2. 32lb Everley Lad pup (Gem's Lad x Swift Gem).

Scratch winner Bigland Fred ht. wnr. Stag Possessed.

First and second in each class received either a bottle of Champagne or Christmas Hamper.

By the way Christine you should have had a bottle for Over the Moon I will keep it on ice for you.

Sheila

Racing was in 4lb weight groups with the winner

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back