The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rambo At Nearly 9mths

hippohead

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
He's loving the sun this weekend although it does slow him down a bit :D We do think he's a bit on the skinny side though..what do you guys think??

_MG_5356_a.jpg

_MG_5354_a.jpg

_MG_5397_a.jpg

_MG_5399_a.jpg

_MG_5400_a.jpg

_MG_5394_a.jpg

_MG_5386_a.jpg

_MG_5393_a.jpg

_MG_5380_a.jpg

He looks to be having a great time, and very fit and shiny too

Excellent photos, which themselves are evidence as to why he is a little on the skinny side!! He looks a totally normal 9 month old Whippet, could do with a little more weight in my eyes, but don't worry about it, he looks fit and very very happy!!

cheers guys,

we feed him skinners Puppy - moving on to field and trial, with a bit of BETA too (because he likes that) he gets tripe / sardines /bits of cheese etc and we try to get him interested in food because hes not really a pig :wacko:

He goes out for about an hour a day and is off the lead quite alot - he's really content but I just want him to fill out

I think he looks gorgeous...really fit and healthy for his age... :thumbsup:

Im sure he has yet to fill out a little till he finishes growing...but some whippets are hard to keep weight on...

My Oscar often is a bit ribby looking so I sometimes give him slightly more food than the other too. :thumbsup:

I would worry overduly, he looks shiny and fit to me... oh and brilliant photos btw.... :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww he is gorgeous :wub: and looks a very happy boy :huggles:

He is sooooooo handsome..................he looks so fit and well :thumbsup: i,m sure he will put weight on as he matures,i,ve got a boy who is 2 and a half and his weight is up and down :wacko:

What a lovely handsome boy,he looks fine to me.Actually he just looks like my Stanley he will be 10 months on the 2nd June.....check out the topic Stanley and Mollys evening out.

What a gorgeous boy :wub: :wub: :wub: and as everyone else has said, he looks very fit and well. Grace was on the skinny side until she was spayed at 14 months and couldn't rush about for a couple of weeks. I'm sure he will too when he slows down a bit :D

I don't think he looks too skinny at all - just a normal, active 9 month old whippet ;) He's got some nice muscle developing on his thighs and shoulders and if he wasn't getting enough nourishment that wouldn't be there. He's a smasher :wub:

Toddy was very skinny at that age. Even now at 2 years, it is hard to keep the weight on him. What weight there is however is pure muscle. He gets twice the recommended amount for a dog of his weight but just burns it off. Rambo looks fit, well and healthy and I would not worry

I am pleased to see that there is another Whippet pup out there that the owner thinks is skinny. My pup is a few months younger and I keep thinking the same thing, at one point I was a bit worried. It is nice to see all of the comments saying otherwise, reassuring for me too.

Like my pup yours looks happy and healthy and I’m beginning to understand that this is the main thing. Maybe they will put on weight when they are older and calm down a little, if Rambo is anything like Mae he will run for miles out in the open or in the house, which must burn a lot of calories (wish I could keep up) :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back