The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Raw Meat Suppliers?

Evie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm starting to feed my two some raw meats and was wondering if anyone on here knows of a good supplier in the North West of Northern Ireland please?

Butchers round here aren't terribly helpful, plus I'd like to offer some variety such as rabbit and so on.

if you get in touch with the hunstman at the north down hunt he mayabe still sells raw meat a sackful for a few quid not sure if he still sells it but he used to mostly chicken and beef, if not try your local greyhound men

Thanks Kojak,

Will try there. :thumbsup:

We are very lucky in my neck of the woods because there is still a family run slaughterhouse/ butchers, who are excellent at providing dog owners with good food at v. reasonable prices eg dustbin bag of chicken carcasses for a fiver and huge bags of meaty bones for free. Perhaps you could make friends with someone at a local slaughterhouse, to get the bits humans don' t want to eat. Another option is to get in contact with rural pest controllers for rabbits - your local livery stable might be a good place to find out who is your local rabbit catcher. I was quite surprised to learn that there are a fair number of people rabbit catching on a professional basis, all year round. This might be a bit more pricey- the gamedealer in my area pays £1/ rabbit during the winter, although I believe prices can be considerably lower. When you find a good supplier, you might want an extra freezer because this type of food often comes in huge quantities.

or go out with your lurcher and ferrets and get your rabbits for free :thumbsup:

Go to Derry track on a monday night and you'll get all you want.Chicken,tripe ,and beef.

...Billy...

Caravan Monster said:
Perhaps you could make friends with someone at a local slaughterhouse, to get the bits humans don' t want to eat. Another option is to get in contact with rural pest controllers for rabbits - your local livery stable might be a good place to find out who is your local rabbit catcher. When you find a good supplier, you might want an extra freezer because this type of food often comes in huge quantities.

Yes, will get in contact with local slaughter house. And try local horse yards to see if they know any rabbiters.... though I worked at a few of them over the years and we never had anyone catching rabbits back then, still worth a try.

I'm currently "on the market" for a second hand freezer. :thumbsup:

kojak said:
or go out with your lurcher and ferrets and get your rabbits for free :thumbsup:
Ha, no ferrets here and a three legged lurcher.... Still, if I had someone with a bit of experiance to show me/her what to do I'd be game to give it a go. (Question is would anyone put up with my stupidity...)

billyboy45 said:
Go to Derry track on a monday night and you'll get all you want.Chicken,tripe ,and beef. ...Billy...

Excellent Billy. Who do I ask there about it? 8)

Evie show me where your local rabbits are and im sure my lurcher and ferrets will catch them for you :thumbsup: and i promise i wont sneak back and poach them o:) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evie said:
Caravan Monster said:
Perhaps you could make friends with someone at a local slaughterhouse, to get the bits humans don' t want to eat. Another option is to get in contact with rural pest controllers for rabbits - your local livery stable might be a good place to find out who is your local rabbit catcher. When you find a good supplier, you might want an extra freezer because this type of food often comes in huge quantities.

Yes, will get in contact with local slaughter house. And try local horse yards to see if they know any rabbiters.... though I worked at a few of them over the years and we never had anyone catching rabbits back then, still worth a try.

kojak said:
Ha, no ferrets here and a three legged lurcher.... Still, if I had someone with a bit of experiance to show me/her what to do I'd be game to give it a go. (Question is would anyone put up with my stupidity...)

billyboy45 said:
Go to Derry track on a monday night and you'll get all you want.Chicken,tripe ,and beef. ...Billy...

Just go into the track,and you'll see a big white van at the very far end,just past the tea room.Go and ask for Martin,at the van,and tell him Billy Harpur sent you.

billyboy45 said:
Evie said:
Caravan Monster said:

kojak said:

billyboy45 said:

Just go into the track,and you'll see a big white van at the very far end,just past the tea room.Go and ask for Martin,at the van,and tell him Billy Harpur sent you.

And he will say " I've sold out" :D

milly said:
billyboy45 said:
[quote name=Evie' date='May 27 2007, 09:50 PMJust go into the track,and you'll see a big white van at the very far end,just past the tea room.Go and ask for Martin,at the van,and tell him Billy Harpur sent you.

And he will say " I've sold out" :D

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info Billy. :thumbsup:

Caravan Monster said:
See google ad at top right corner of this page :- "
It's coming up as pet insurance here?? :unsure:

Thanks for all the tips guys. :thumbsup: I'm keeping my eye on the local newspaper classifieds now to see if I can get a cheap second hand freezer. :- " Once I've got that I can get started!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back