The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Recipes For Hare?

wigglesworth

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello all

As I've mentioned before on K9, our lodger downstairs is a butcher and we are very lucky in that he brings our dogs more meaty bones (lovingly chopped up into whippet size pieces and vacuum packed!!) than our doggies could ever chew. He really is brilliant.

We humans occasionally get the fringe benefits too. Last night I came home to find a post-it on the fridge saying that he had left us some hare shoulders. :blink:

Our friend works for a commercial catering butcher so obviously London's snazzy restaurants and hotels don't want the shoulders, and they are otherwise thrown away!! But there's lots of meat on them and it would be criminal not to put it to good use.

So, any ideas for recipes? I'm an Aussie so I've never come face to face with a hare before, let alone cooked one, and of course all the recipe books I brought over with me are no use - kangaroo perhaps but not hare!! :lol:

So, any suggestions for Sunday lunch tomorrow? The meat is really dark and gamey looking.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back