The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Regional Opens Scratch Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
o/k i am the person who asked doreen if it was possible to have a different format for the scratch dogs NOT AT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS only regional opens, THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH DOREEN I ONLY ASKED HER IF IT WAS POSSIBLE i thought it would be something different but reading the comments i don"t think you want to a have a variety of racing , but like i said in my other post it would be up to the regions to decide on a change, as i don"t race scratch dogs i thought it would be something different :oops:and not to dodge certain dogs :))

:oops: another reason is because you have 4lb difference in weight between the 32lb class to36to,40lb to no limit can be as mutch as 25lb in some cases 30lb+ it just seems IMO unfair to run a 41lb off level with a 60lber JMO 8)

Somebody mentioned Come on Sue being 47lbs. Well "a little bird" told me last week it was weighed in and was only 44lbs. Also last year at Devon it was weighed and it was 46lbs. So whatever the bitch's weight or class it runs in it is the Scratch dog "to beat".

Also, I do think that a variation in the groups would make the racing more interesting. Whereas, under the present system you can look at the groups and usually pick out the winner before they race. Therefore, imo, this type of racing is "getting rather uninteresting".

Greyhounds are all handicapped on their times - you don't see a grade, say A4 competing with a grade A1 as the A1 dog is always that much faster than the A4. Maybe, it is about time a type of "National" handicap system were put into place. :oops:

there are not enough sratch dogs to have a handycap system

and you would not be saying that if you owned come on sue

as for her not getting beat there are plenty of new dogs out there ready to take her crown.this makes 2005 a very interesting year so watch out soon you will be saying come on who. LOL :D :- " ;) l

what do you mean this type of racing is getting boring :(

why was sue weighed if she is over 40lb? :blink: and i honestly always thought she was the same as mickey whizz 50lb?

gary, u r right there r lots of new up and coming no limits i for one cant wait for the season to get into full swing. (ie the straights lol) :D

i personally dont think scratch racing is boring as all the dogs r off level nobody has an advantage. but i can understand wot people r saying about it. ie like gary says come on sue is/was the one to beat @ the big events but when sue isnt there its anybodys race. :- "

no matter how good a dog is theres always one gonna be better on its day :))

neil i notice your big brother is keeping quiet :- "

must have something up his sleaves :D

LOL

WHERE DO YOU THINK HE GOT THEM FROM :thumbsup:

GARY

in your dreams graham :thumbsup:

penny black and eli said dont blink or your miss there race.

eli recons he could beat sue know but i told him he cant run untill his first birthday (w00t)

penny said bring the bitch on.

ernie just sits there not saying anything like his uncle albert

i wonder what he is planing o:)

GARY :D

ive a couple of suprise dogs for next season,s racing :- "

EY UP NEIL, WILL THAT BE FOR FLAPPING OR NONE PED THEN ? YOU COMEING BACK THEN ?

MIGHT DO BOTH :p GARY KNOWS THE SCORE,LOL DONT TELL EM OWT RITCHIE :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back