The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

results

kipper fluke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Scratch 36lb Rapid jazz

40lb pems lad

No Limit Come on Sue

Overall rapid jazz

Bitch final 1st Drama Queen, 2nd Pintsize, 3rd Pale Rider

Eccentric withdrew

Dogs final 1st Vivs Merlin, 2nd Ones Blue Too, Jack the Lad withdrew

Veterans Bossy Boots

Pups 2 for one

Well done to all !!!!! :D

well done to you all.

from amanda n daz

We thoroughly enjoyed our day at Fordingbridge, :D the track is in excellent condition and the facilitys are tip top, :p well worth a visit, friendly people and some very good racing :D we shall certainly try and have a holliday there next year :p :) well done Vivs merlin on winning the supreme run off, a crackin little dog :p two whippets to look out for in the future has to be ventura and two 4 one, both bred out of Diane n Bruce Bellwoods bitch and bert's brilliant stud dog......... :D :D :p :p

I will be getting my first racing whippet at the end of this year I hope.

I enjoyed a cracking weekend at Fordingbridge though i did get lost twice.

Having been to a few venues now I do find the weekend event some what draining on my bank account. There was some exellant racing both days. Alot of you I do not know yet but well done to all the winners.

I do disagree with JoJess on one thing the track is far from excellent.

It was very rough I thought, compaired to most tracks Ive seen so far

yes rodger i myself have not been to fordy yet but alot of people said the track was awful, well done to pems lad who we bred out of wonderwall and amie and to all the dogs who took part ;)

The track at fordy is not in bad condition but there is a few bumps shall we say (awful is that not a harsh word ?). Anyway any downfall is made up in Enjoyment and the friendly Members there. :D

I'd rather have the odd bump & decent underfoot compared to a rock solid bowling green anyday!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken thoughly enjoyed himself at Fordy :D The members are very friendly.

You always get a warm welcome. No one could fault the food and facilitys which was all first class. you all worked very hard. :D

Non of that though can make up for what again has cost us a small fortune on vet bills, after our bitch picked up two injuries and a traped up back. After being passed fit the week before :(

Thats whippet racing as thay say.

I am not pointing the finger at Fordingbridge or anywhere else, but surely the condition of the track should come before the racers enjoyment for the sake of our whippets.

All the tracks are rock hard at the moment, but holes can be filled in, bumps can be ironed out. We cant expect to race on bowling greens. But I do think all clubs should take a good long look to see what can be done to improve the surface of the tracks. Just a thought :b

Fair comments both of them but when can you sort out surfaces without stopping racing? and our club unlike many clubs have a big turnout at each club metting. so we will have to wait until winter. but then maybe the weather will stop us as we are planning on digging some areas up and re turfing on the flat surface? any suggestions? ???

P.S sorry bout your bitches. Hope a swift return to the track. :D

well we thoroughly enjoyed our w/e at fordy and i can honestly say the track is not in that bad of condition, i have raced on worse, yes there are a few bumps and yes my dogs picked up some injuries but they can pick these injuries up at any race meeting... :D

I hope your little dog is soon well tanyia, she ran really well on saturday, did ken run her on the sunday and how did she do, i went home as Rift was holding her front leg up so i knew she had an injury....... ;) whippet racing for you ey ??? ;) :(

Hi All,

We came down to see how "the other half" do it last Saturday (we race peds) and had a lovely day at Fordingbridge, as usual, we received a warm welcome from Sarah and friends and we really enjoyed the racing.

I am still amazed at how quickly the dogs come out of the traps!, my boys could definantly learn a thing or to from them.

Congratulations to the winners.

JoJess said:
We thoroughly enjoyed our day at Fordingbridge, :D   the track is in excellent condition and the facilitys are tip top,  :p well worth a visit, friendly people and some very good racing :D   we shall certainly try and have a holliday there next year  :p   :) well done Vivs merlin on winning the supreme run off, a crackin little dog :p two whippets to look out for in the future has to be ventura and two 4 one, both bred out of Diane n Bruce Bellwoods bitch and bert's brilliant stud dog.........  :D   :D   :p   :p
yeah, me and Michelle enjoyed ourselves too. Thought your comments about Two Four One and Ventura were spot on, great little pups. But, (and I'm having a laugh), what about the HW pup that gave 12 yds to Ventura and 9yds to Two Four One and very nearly got there on the Saturday :) Jojess, you don't like Londoners do ya :) Yep only joking....

Paul

MARK HERE

I DID NOT LIKE THE COMMENTS ABOUT OUR TRACK IF YOUR DOG PICKED UP AN INJURY KEN BEFORE WHY DID YOU COME AGAIN, I DID NOT LIKE STEVANGE TRACK SO DID NOT GO BACK YOU HAVE A CHOICE.

TO PUT OUR TRACK IN SUPURB CONDITION WOULD COST THE COUNCIL £5-6000 WE HAVE ASKED THEY WILL NOT SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY, SO LETS NOT PRETENT THAT THIS CAN BE DONE AND JUST GET ON WITH THE RACING ALL OUR DOGS DID WELL AT THE CHAMPS WE ALL TRAIN THERE.

Ken as made no comments about your track mark, i did. The comment I made was about tracks in general not Fordy, I suggest you read it again.

Yes our dog got hurt, thats wht Ken could not go back the weekend just gone. But as I SAID THATS WHIPPET RACING. I really think you should read my post again Mark

HI Mark, Ken here....... Pauly just showed me your post. Im not happy with your comments either. Pauly was talking about tracks in general not just Fordy. Alot of money was spent on Stevenage but thats gone now. If you dint like racing at Stevenage why did you come ? Not that it matters anymore either way. Go back and read Paulys post again Mark. And read it properly this time. I had a good time as she said I did. Not sure I want to come back with the attitude you have. Shame as the rest of the members are so nice and worked very hard all weekend.

Your always going to get these sort of comments - some will love a track & some will hate it, just can't please everyone... Most people though Mark like myself will make up there own minds about a whether they think a track is decent or not & won't be put off by some of the comments on this topic!!!

Hope at some point soon (injuries/seasons prevailing) to get down to Fordy - If mad Peter races there it can't be that bad!!! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back