The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Returned puppy to breeder :(

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The best bet for a behaviourist is one who has qualified, through a university. You may have been fortunate in finding a COAPE trainer/behaviourist, who has completed all the levels, but the field of dog behaviour/training is basically unregulated, and anyone can set, and charge a fair amount of money. It’s a minefield out there, and really frustrates me We have a university qualified behaviourist that our vet apparently uses, quite a distance away, and I think he provides “exoert witness” reports for Court cases, and, due to his expertise, the waiting list is long, and his fees pretty expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be put off another Airedale either, they are a good dog and known to be good family dogs. May be you were just unlucky, I wish you luck.

An alternative route would be to consider a really good rescue organisation - one that has dogs in foster homes rather than kennels. Good rescues will know their dogs inside out and hate to have them bouncing back so won't let you have a dog who might be unsuitable. And if it doesn't work out, they will take the dog back again.

... though sometimes rescues won’t rehome to a home with children under a certain age. Not sure about regularly visiting children. Which is a shame in some ways, as a lot of dogs have come from homes with children in them, but I suppose they maybe have to err on the side of caution.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back