The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

'rip' By 'lord Of The Knight'

TheWhippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all!

As I sat down to read the CMW (a rare occasion these days as I think its gone downhill!) I noticed a litter sired by 'Rip' by 'Lord of the Knight', from Angelsey North Wales (One of Mike Browns I believe?) Rip looks to be a fine specimen and I wondered if any K9'ers had come accross him or his prodgeny??? I am thinking ahead to perhaps lining my bitch and he looks the business as far as I am concerned! Any feedback would be appreciated, cheers for now ;)

I'm hoping to line my bitch to Mike Browns Lord of the Knight too!!

I heard nothing but praise for Mike and his dogs, and living in his neck of the woods word of mouth around here (very important to me),

is Mike and his dogs have a fantastic reputation for healthy, strong, bags of stamina and gorgeous pups, only the best will do for my babe in my eyes :thumbsup:

as soon as my kids are back in school (tues) I'm going to get the ball rolling, do let me know how you get on too plz.

I'm dreaming of a black & blue spring :wub: :D

sorry miss-read your post I got a bit over excited lol, I've not heard of 'Rip' but you won't go far wrong if he's out of Lord of the Knight, as ALL pups from Mike are bound to be perfect :thumbsup:

good luck! :luck:

I think Rip is owned by one of Mike`s mates. There is a pic of him on Mikes website.

Here`s a link

http://www.webstoreuk.com/rip.html

Lord of the Night aka Jake is the sire of our pup Gypsy , and carries a lot of Laguna blood, his sire was Laguna Lizas Link and dam a daughter of Sooty Sam .

if you want a full pedigree give me a yell. All the whippets I`ve seen from this breeding are great rabbiting and coursing dogs witha lot of drive and determination, speed and great strike

just found out that Jake aka Lord of the night has passed away :( how sad!

looks like I'll be lining Chance to either Glen or Blue instead, have to check them out first to see if they compliment her.

Sad news indeed! But at least he past away doing what he loved (Giving a long eared rabbit a work out!) 'Top of the bill' Ray thomas Dog looks to be a fine specimen though might be worth a look?

Is 'Jake2' on this Mike's site 'Lord of the Night', if so he is Gelert's half-brother. (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
No Jake 2 is a different dog. Just like to pass on my condolences to Mike on losing Jake, father to my pup Gypsy out of the last litter he sired.

To clarify Jake 2 (Not 'lord of the night') is also on the site and is alive and kicking. RIP Lord of the night!

TheWhippet said:
To clarify Jake 2 (Not 'lord of the night') is also on the site and is alive and kicking.

Don't know how I missed the main photo, easier to see a family resemblance with the right dog :b RIP Jake :(
dog3.jpg

im so sorry to here about that

i have a blue daughter out of

lord of the knight

she is our little pocket rocket

Just a word of caution here! and I don't want to be slanderous or nasty but I too liked Mike Browns dogs and they did/do have a good reputation.

About ten years ago I went to visit his kennels and placed an order for a pup, a few things went wrong that were very strange and I was fobbed off and lost my deposit! I then just happened to check the pedigree that he had given me for the litter of expected pups, when I checked it against "Official kennel club records and the Whippet year book" it didn't add up, there were significant discrepencies about the parentage and lineage of his dogs! I am not looking for a row with this man and am aware of his dogs reputation, but facts were facts and it didn't add up

MURPHY 1 said:
Just a word of caution here! and I don't want to be slanderous or nasty but I too liked Mike Browns dogs and they did/do have a good reputation.About ten years ago I went to visit his kennels and placed an order for a pup, a few things went wrong that were very strange and I was fobbed off and lost my deposit! I then just happened to check the pedigree that he had given me for the litter of expected pups, when I checked it against "Official kennel club records and the Whippet year book"  it didn't add up, there were significant discrepencies about the parentage and lineage of his dogs! I am not looking for a row with this man and am aware of his dogs reputation, but facts were facts and it didn't add up

murphy 1 known as andy bell who tried with his dog to get reconition but didnt suceed he couldnt do what i have done with his so call dog as you see i have put my name to this and i can rember you comeing to my yard and takeing your tenner for deposit then the messer you are i dont need messers like you so i sold your pup wait for you theres people out there who no what they want you didnt but the things you where saying to me you didnt no much about dogs at all so if you have any thing to say about my breeding prove it you no all you are doing is sour grapes so andy bell you no where i am im waiteing to hear what you have to say

mike brown said:
MURPHY 1 said:
Just a word of caution here! and I don't want to be slanderous or nasty but I too liked Mike Browns dogs and they did/do have a good reputation.About ten years ago I went to visit his kennels and placed an order for a pup, a few things went wrong that were very strange and I was fobbed off and lost my deposit! I then just happened to check the pedigree that he had given me for the litter of expected pups, when I checked it against "Official kennel club records and the Whippet year book"  it didn't add up, there were significant discrepencies about the parentage and lineage of his dogs! I am not looking for a row with this man and am aware of his dogs reputation, but facts were facts and it didn't add up

murphy 1 known as andy bell who tried with his dog to get reconition but didnt suceed he couldnt do what i have done with his so call dog as you see i have put my name to this and i can rember you comeing to my yard and takeing your tenner for deposit then the messer you are i dont need messers like you so i sold your pup wait for you theres people out there who no what they want you didnt but the things you where saying to me you didnt no much about dogs at all so if you have any thing to say about my breeding prove it you no all you are doing is sour grapes so andy bell you no where i am im waiteing to hear what you have to say

As far as I can see Andy has only aired a caution about something that had happened to him when he went to buy a dog off you :thumbsup: ........At no point has he been nasty, and has actually been nice about your dogs and breeding :) .......

On a different note though ........I know of 2 dogs out of Lord of the Night and both are VERY oversized with medical problems ..............Just wondering if its anything to do with the sires side, or is it the unrelated dams throwing these faults ?? ...........Just wondering if anyone can help here as it would be great to steer away from "problem lines" ........ :cheers: in advance, Hannah.

i'm more than happy with the bitch mike bred she's a heart of a lion and with stamina to match

jess_01_net.jpg

mally said:
i'm more than happy with the bitch mike bred she's a heart of a lion and with stamina to match

My pup from Mike`s breeding is doing great, all the dogs I`ve seen from his line have been great workers , like Mally says they have courage and great determination , which is what you need for a good worker, size is irrelevant as far as I`m concerned , small or large it`s what they can do out in the fields that counts :cheers:

My blue dog Alf (Sam Sally of Niisyf) by Sooty Sam x Sally honey, wasn't oversized and apart from injuries was the picture of health, he also threw correct sized defect free pups,

he may not have been the fastest dog on the planet but he would work all day and knew exactly what to do with rabbits ......which is what he was bred for :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back