The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rip Lacey

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What a terrible thing for you both to have to go through, RIP little one. :(

So very sorry, - you must be devastated. I'm sure Lacey knew how special she was to you.

Thinking of you all.

Oh my god Tina, you poor thing. What a bloody awful shock - I am gutted for you. I've only read what you've written and not everybody elses posts cos I just wanted to send you my love and deepest sympathies. Keep your chin up and just remember you have given her a lovely life. RIP Lacey, gorgeous girl.

All the best - Clare xx

Oh my god Tina, you poor thing. What a bloody awful shock - I am gutted for you. I've only read what you've written and not everybody elses posts cos I just wanted to send you my love and deepest sympathies. Keep your chin up and just remember you have given her a lovely life. RIP Lacey, gorgeous girl.All the best - Clare xx
Thanks Clare, and thanks to everyone else who has posted on here, pm'd or posted on facebook - it means a lot :huggles:

Tina x

How very sorry I am to read this

thinking of you all

R I P Lacey

im so sorry to hear of your very sad loss my thoughts are with you r.i.p. lacey

So sorry to be reading this. Run free beautiful Lacey :huggles:

sorry of course, but wonder why you didn't try amputation - unless she was quite old or you were fairly certain that it was cancer and likely to have already spread beyond the leg. I saw a message in the forum once about a whippet who had a bad fracture racing. Again, though the leg couldn't be saved I wondered why they put the dog down; most dogs can cope well with 3 legs.

whatever, you obviously gave Lacey some good extra years and I know it must have been a shock to suddenly find her leg so hurt with no obvious cause.

:( The vet said it was kinder to put her to sleep than put her through months of treatment as she was in so much pain. She was 99% certain that there was cancer and having lost a greyhound previously to bone cancer agreed with the vet.

I am so very sorry for yout loss :( What a gorgeous girl she looked with such beautiful kind eyes.

RIP Lacey and run free gorgeous girlxxx

So sorry to hear the sad news about Lacey. :( She looked such a lovely girl. :wub: :wub:

RIP Lacey :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Ultimately the right thing was done in my eyes - bone cancer is extremely painful and the hope of remission extremely poor. It sounds like some underlying cause was going on before the break. Acute extreme pain is quickly dampened by the bodies biochemical responses - what I'm saying is yes the break would of been painful but Lacey wouldn't of felt like she was being tortured either.

My own opinion on amputation is it's something suggested by vets when appropiate i.e. when a good long term outcome is suspected but only the owner can consider the feasibility of such treatment as they above everyone know the character of their dog.

All this aside, Lacey is at peace. While your hurting now there was something that stood out to me about Lacey that made me think she didn't just have a lasting impact on your life but on others as well. Lacey with her beautiful face and placid disposition was probably an excellent charity gatherer, I doubt anyone would of walked past without offering some change in exchange for a pat and a cuddle. That money she collected has gone on to help others less fortunate than her and so in some ways she's touched others in her lifetime.

I hope this goes a little way in easing your pain.

Rest In Peace Lacey :huggles:

Well said Jac. Was thinking of something to say but cant top that. Lacey was a beauty. RIP.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back