The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Robin and my learning!

Robins mum

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi!

Just wanted to drop in and have a chat about the life and times of living with Robin!

Best dog in the world! Nightmare times! Fun times! Loads of learning for me!

Some of you will have seen some of my posts and many wont, but I have had the most amazing support from some of the best people in the world in my opinion!

I have been so close to passing Robin on to someone more capable, but I am so pleased I listened to the folks on here who have given me exponential support over the past 2 years!

WE ARE TURNING THE CORNER! Yippee, Whoop whoop!

These past few days have been amazing, some of you may be rather horrified at what I am going to say, but think on this please - I was so close to getting him a new home, or worse (if it could be!) having him put down.

I'm not a horrid mum, just struggling with an exponentially challinging dog!

Well he went back to his breeder for just over 2 days while I had to go away, I was not prepared to leave him with anyone not experienced enough! He was taken for a walk and no harness, just a simple slip lead aparrently! Robin jumped for another dog and the breeder stood his ground and yanked him really hard which didn't decapetate him thankfully, but did bring him up short and make him listen!

It was only required once! He has been sooooo much more considerate to my requests since then, although he will still look and lunge at cats this is much less and the lunges are frail and more manageable! Sometimes he does not even bother! There are many other changes too, and I am so happy! His recall is fantastic and works probably 90% of the time! He continues to grow up and have wonderful responses, we are having a much better time!

Thanks to everyone who has had an input into Robins baby days!

:)

I am so pleased to hear positive news Jan ...you must be over the moon ....xxxkara

I am so pleased to hear positive news Jan ...you must be over the moon ....xxxkara
I am Kara! I love this guy soooooo much and he always tries so hard to do what I ask, I think, we have turned a big corner now! :)

I am Kara! I love this guy soooooo much and he always tries so hard to do what I ask, I think, we have turned a big corner now! :)

And today he blasts off after the squirells! Ha ha ha! (it was in an enclosed nature reserve thankfully! ) Gotta have some playtime eh! :) :)

And today he blasts off after the squirells! Ha ha ha! (it was in an enclosed nature reserve thankfully! ) Gotta have some playtime eh! :) :)
Can we have an up to date pic of lovely Robin please ;)

I can try but I am hopeless with tech!
IMG_0825.JPG

He is very beautiful.
Hi! :) yes he is beautiful for sure! His heart is even more beautiful and that is what matters to me! He tries soooo hard to do what I ask of him! I really feel so blessed to have him in my life! (even if he is gonna be the death of me! ) :) Ha ha

So glad it has and is continuing to progress. Like yourself I was in the depths of despair but patience and taking things at Mabel’s pace has worked. Still have some distance to cover but she’s trusting and happy. Wishing you the best.

So glad it has and is continuing to progress. Like yourself I was in the depths of despair but patience and taking things at Mabel’s pace has worked. Still have some distance to cover but she’s trusting and happy. Wishing you the best.
Likewise! Keep us all posted! :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back