The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rocket in leafy salads.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My favourite is chicken breast butterfly cut, spread with a little pesto and stuffed with mozzarella sun-dried tomatoes wrapped in bacon. It takes 30 mins and the roast potatoes cook alongside it. Great taste no fat and only one pan. ( Plus the veg one)

Reactions: RGC
There was never much soul in my cooking to start with - if ready meals were actually tasty, healthy and environmentally friendly I'd probably live on them. And if I could have fed my children kibble....

I'm actually looking forward to trying sprouts in the air fryer!

You do have to shake them once or twice - but they heat the air more evenly than in a conventional oven, hence more even cooking.
Are they just good for oven chips or can you use them for proper chips?

And does anyone have any brands they would recommend either to buy, or avoid?

Are they just good for oven chips or can you use them for proper chips?

And does anyone have any brands they would recommend either to buy, or avoid?
You can make proper’ chips but it can be a fag. I’ve found Albert Bartlett efforts are pretty good. Have a look at YouTube as there’s lots of ideas and help. My latest is Lemon Drizzle Cake (for guests - I don’t have a sweet tooth) and cheese soufflés.

I've not tried chips from potatoes yet, but do intend to - searching online there's 101 recommendations for how to do them. some say parboil, others say just soak, and one person said that they parboil them, then deep fry them, and then finish them off in the air fryer. So much for saving time and faff!

My only real failure has been reheating a halloumi wrap. Which would have been fine if I'd realised that the recommended temperature of 240ᵒ was in Fahrenheit, not Celsius :emoji_face_palm: It was still edible though, once I'd snapped off the charred bits of the wrap.

I always do mine thick cut from proper spuds. . Because of OH health I do soak for 30 mins and then in clean water bring to a boil for 2 minutes before draining and putting in the air fryer. Mine takes about 20 minutes this way for brilliant crispy outside fluffy inside brown chips.

I have a ninja too and wouldnt be without it ....I used to hate fries until I cooked them in this ...sunset salmon is a delight

I always do mine thick cut from proper spuds. . Because of OH health I do soak for 30 mins and then in clean water bring to a boil for 2 minutes before draining and putting in the air fryer. Mine takes about 20 minutes this way for brilliant crispy outside fluffy inside brown chips.
Will have to try that. Do you dry them after draining them? Air fry at 180?

JudyN, I know you’re a veggie. Have a go at aubergine boats.

JudyN, I know you’re a veggie. Have a go at aubergine boats.
Unfortunately, I'm not just a veggie, I'm a very fussy veggie and aubergine is one of the (many) things I don't like. Avocado boats though... I reckon they would work well.

Last edited:
I dont dry simply shake off in the colender. And yes 180c...
Many thanks, Mad Murphy. Tried that this eve - big success. However, the lemon drizzle cake was an outright failure.
IMG_2175.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back